Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

The "How much could this go for in the Auction House?" thread

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Redsox44

I know you should be able to find out for yourself with enough research of what similar items are selling for but I figured some people aren't that interested in doing all of that. So here's a thread for you to share screenshots of items you found that you're interested in seeing what other people think it's worth. Plus it's cool to see what drops other people are gettting.

Here's my first one

No Caption Provided

This seems really nice with the vitality and the ignores durability is cool too.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Dagbiker

Are you playing in 256 colors, why dose your screen grab look so compressed?

Also I have no idea, sorry.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By myke_tuna

I think that might be DarkD3 doing its work. The whole window looks less colorful.

And I don't know. I was more interested in Strength (playing a Barb) at level 32. I'd sell that for 1000-1500 gold? Doesn't do that much damage.

Alarmpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Alarmpunch

hmm...i think it could be worth...hmm...more than 100 gold, at least

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By dillonwerner

Probably not a lot. I've had terrible luck selling things on the AH until I reached level 60, and then the only things that seem to sell are high DPS, high vitality, and high resist all. Maybe you could sell it for 5k-ish to a low level barbarian.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShadowConqueror

From my experience, people don't really buy low level items like that very often, so a few thousand at most

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Canteu

0g

It doesn't have the "Level 60" Affix.

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Redsox44

Yea that's DarkD3 that's making it look like that, sorry guys that's how I play it, I've sold some things already for 8-10k, too bad the completed list doesn't let me check what they were, but I don't remember any of the things I put up being better than this so I think I can make a good sale. I might just use it myself as a wizard and take the loss on damage because I find myself dying a lot.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By murisan

Honestly, around 3-4k if you're lucky.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Subjugation

There isn't a whole lot of traffic for items sub 50. That may net you a few thousand at best, if anyone even bothers. I was selling things for 10k really easily around release (lvl 45+) but things seem to have quieted down significantly. The market feels like it's slowing down.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By murisan

@Subjugation: I dunno, I think OP would get ~4k for that item if not 5.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jking47

Yeah, probably would not get very much, most people do not need items from the AH till higher levels. However you could put it up with a 4-5k buyout, or a small bid and hope someone needs a weapon around then. Your best bet however is to just keep going till you hit at least late hell - early inferno, then start looking for items to sell on the AH.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Robo

I've basically given up on the AH for now. I put up a bunch of stuff and made the prices up based on what I might be willing to pay for the items. Which is to say not much. I get the impression it all just got lost in that massive sea of randomness though.

I'll worry about it later If I stumble across something particularly awesome.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By ajamafalous

Anyone interested is probably not going to be both stacking vitality and using a 2h sword. 

Also, not level 50+, etc.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In hardcore that would probably sell decently well if it was socketed. I sold a 60 Dex, 60 Vit claw early on for like 42K.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Binman88

Someone concentrating on vit at the early stage might want it, but otherwise I'd sell it to a vendor and be done with it. If you were going to put it up on the AH, I'd say put it up for 3k and hope for the best. I think it would be more likely returned to you in two days with no bids.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By valrog

Have we been playing the same game? I've seen level 9 (hell, even level 4) items on the Auction House for a couple of thousands (if not more), so I don't know... I've been selling my level 10 gear for a little under a grand (Depends on the type of item), so going from this I say you could get a hefty sum.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Binman88

@valrog: Were those items with bids on them or just the buyout price? There will always be some suckers who will pay too much for an item, but they are really the exception to the rule. I've been putting up weapons and armour for level 40 and above with very good stats and not even seeing people bite at prices well below 10K. The items I'm having more success with are the ones that stand out a bit more, with multiple triple figure stats and other bonuses in one item (eg. a weapon with 140 dex and 120 vit, an increase in damage %, attack speed, life per hit or after kill etc.) The market is still balancing out but the more stats and variety an item has, the more valuable it will be. Something like the item the OP posted is really just run of the mill rare loot, and the kinda stuff he'll eventually be dumping at vendors by the bucket load. The only notable stat is the extra vit; the rest of them aren't worth mentioning. He simply won't have the auction slots to sell all the rare stuff he's going to be finding, and it won't be worth his time figuring out how much to sell this stuff for. The advice you're seeing from people here is to sell it low just to get rid of it.

Still, this will be a helpful thread for people looking to sell high level items. I think it's worth knowing what to label as trash from the get-go though.

NobodyHIFI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NobodyHIFI

No

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Redsox44

I didn't expect this sword to be worth a bunch. I haven't played enough yet to get to level 60. I just put it up to start off this thread with anything. And I bet with all the people that bought this game, there's more people buying stuff on the auction house at level 32 than level 60.

Nonapod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nonapod

@Binman88 said:

@valrog: Were those items with bids on them or just the buyout price? There will always be some suckers who will pay too much for an item, but they are really the exception to the rule. I've been putting up weapons and armour for level 40 and above with very good stats and not even seeing people bite at prices well below 10K. The items I'm having more success with are the ones that stand out a bit more, with multiple triple figure stats and other bonuses in one item (eg. a weapon with 140 dex and 120 vit, an increase in damage %, attack speed, life per hit or after kill etc.) The market is still balancing out but the more stats and variety an item has, the more valuable it will be. Something like the item the OP posted is really just run of the mill rare loot, and the kinda stuff he'll eventually be dumping at vendors by the bucket load. The only notable stat is the extra vit; the rest of them aren't worth mentioning. He simply won't have the auction slots to sell all the rare stuff he's going to be finding, and it won't be worth his time figuring out how much to sell this stuff for. The advice you're seeing from people here is to sell it low just to get rid of it.

Still, this will be a helpful thread for people looking to sell high level items. I think it's worth knowing what to label as trash from the get-go though.

Yeah, I generally find that in the case of armor pieces, for something to sell for anything beyond 10k or so it really needs multiple high stats and one of them should be Vit. If there's no Vit then it better have several amazing secondary stats like a bunch of crit and haste or a shitload of sockets or whatever or it just won't sell. When it comes to weapons, as long as it has a relatively high DPS for its level you should get some good cash for it (but the best situation of course it to have a high DPS with some great stats too). If it's DPS isn't spectacular though it probably won't sell for very much no matter what stats it has.

The best method is to check out what items of similar stats have their buyouts set at. In my opinion if similar stuff isn't selling for at least 5K then it isn't worth it to put it up since you only get 10 auctions at a time.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By valrog

@Binman88: Bids, Buyout prices are even higher.

No Caption Provided

Well, it's getting better, but a lot of prices are still quite absurd. And keep in mind that these items aren't anything special.

SargeGulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SargeGulp

@Nonapod: It seems difficult(tedious) to slog through auction house prices. IMO there is simply too much stuff. I've been dumping a ridiculous amount of shit, even "rare" shit at vendors left and right. Which really isn't a satisfying experience, too much loot and nothing to do with it all. No real idea what should or shouldn't sell in the AH mainly due to the capricious nature of the AH itself as well as buyers and sellers.

Nonapod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nonapod

@SargeGulp: It can be a pain, true. It takes some time to fill in all the fields and page through all the results.

Here's what I typically do to search: Let's say I got some rare 2 handed axe I want to sell. After selecting 2 handed axes in the search box, I plug in a level range typically from 2 to 3 levels below it to the level (so if it was a level 54 weapon I'd put in 52 - 54 or something). Then I fill in some minimum stats, let's say it's got 102 Str and 56 Vit and a socket, so I round down a little and put in 100 str and 50 Vit and 1 socket. Then (to filter out the "No Buyouts") I put in a fairly high maximum buyout, say 100k gold. Then I hit search. Then I sort the results by buyout from low to high. Then I page through till I get a page of results that are around the DPS of my weapon to get an idea of how much a weapon like mine is being sold for. If there's too many results I may try to narrow the search a bit.

Granted, all this may take a couple minutes to do and when I've got a bank tab full of gear to go through it can take some time, but it's the only way I can be sure to set good prices for my gear so it'll sell.

Blizzard of course could make life a lot easier by adding a DPS filter and a No Buyout filter.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By C0V3RT

@Subjugation said:

There isn't a whole lot of traffic for items sub 50. That may net you a few thousand at best, if anyone even bothers. I was selling things for 10k really easily around release (lvl 45+) but things seem to have quieted down significantly. The market feels like it's slowing down.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I had a few days where I was banking a ton of coin selling 40-early 50's gear, only to have that market dry up. It's crazy.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By jakob187

People in here that complain about prices on AH DO know that it's not that hard to make money once you hit 60 and start farming Inferno, right?

I mean, I can make an easy 100k just going from The Cursed Hold to the end of Act 1 on Inferno with 5 stack Valor...and if I get some good drops from it to sell on AH, that amount increases. Doesn't take that long either. Right now, I'm averaging about 300k - 500k per run.

So those millions of gold prices...they aren't THAT ridiculous, especially if you can start getting some of those drops yourselves.

If you aren't making money in this game, it's your own fault. Be smarter about how you spend your money. Also, there are good gear for dirt cheap in this game's AH. You just have to do the searching and filtering for it.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By xymox

I don't even look at the stats anymore. I mean, I could make mule accounts to hold yellows but what's the point? I just put all rares up for a 1000g buyout - if it sells, it sells, if not, I just vendor it.

No point clogging up the stash - this is thanks to the 10 item limit on the AH.

I mean, you're really not gonna grab a decent price unless you, for example, have a high dps weapon with empty sockets, or tripplesocketed VIT-armor (with some str, dex, etc depending on what you're stacking).

Rings and necklaces tend to sell for more, but eh. If you filter correctly, you'll find a full set of really awesome gear for less than 2 - 5k a piece.

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By D0tti

My first legendary item and off course it wasn't for my class.. But how much for this item? 

No Caption Provided
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#29  Edited By sjschmidt93

I don't play WD, but almost doubling maximum mana seems like a big deal, especially if you play in groups a lot.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@D0tti said:

My first legendary item and off course it wasn't for my class.. But how much for this item?

No Caption Provided

I would put this away somewhere until Blizzard fixes Legendaries. Then it'll probably go for a lot more. The Grin Reaper is kind of funny, but not "I'm buying this because the name is funny" funny.

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By D0tti
    @Krakn3Dfx: What's wrong with Legendaries :S? Haven't read the Diablo forums in awhile so.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By valrog

@jakob187: Low level items are/were really too expensive. I don't know what have you been playing, but I didn't have 20k to spend for a single item when I was level 9.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By asmo917

My approach with the auction house is to put something up for a just a few hundred gold more than the vendor sale price. I've had things sell for around that price, and I had a rare ring go for 17k that I couldn't have asked for more than 600 as a starting bid. I've also had a TON of stuff not sell, so I either put it up again or salvage it. Until they give some real analytical tools, total crapshoot.

notlupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By notlupus
    No Caption Provided

first semi decent thing I've had drop, i'm playing as a monk and have had zilch crap drops for him been getting mad DH gear though, this is like my 8th rare cloak drop. So I started one, she's lvl 11 right now lol, so if this was going to sell what would be a decent listing price?

Sold a bunch of low level garbage rare fist weapons for my monk for like 5k average so...

You know now that I think about it, I get a disgustingly large amount of magic/rare quivers / crossbows / warrior belts / pants / boots and the rare WD or WIZ gear and about an equal amount of two handed weapons I can't use. All together I've only gotten maybe 12 -18 monk related rates....which is really crappy considering I'm on Hell and get one shotted at lvl 52 by zombies on act 1 because of my gear. I'm not using the RMAH no matter how badly blizz neuters this game for real $$$.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.