Ultimate End Game

#1 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

So for those of you wondering how crazy it will be to actually "complete" this game here's a little taste.

Me and some friends were talking about high level gems, and how not many of them have shown up on the auction house. so we went to the website, and discovered this.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/jeweler/recipe/radiant-star-emerald

The highest level gem requires 20 insanely rare tomes of secrets as well as 3 of the prior level gem. In order to get the prior gems you need 15 tomes a piece, 12 for the one before that, and 9 for the one before that. Basically in order to get 1 radiant star you need roughly 19683 Radiant, 492,050 gold, 3645 tomes of jewelcrafting, and 550 tome of secrets.

Needless to say theses things a fucking insane. I cant imagine any equipment drops rarity exceeding the sheer amount of grinding required for 1 of these things. I can see these being sold for upwards of $5 a piece on the RMAH

P.S. I'm scared, hold me!

#2 Posted by Tennmuerti (8172 posts) -

It's mostly there to have something for people to do and look forward to while all they got left is Inferno runs. I wouldn't worry about it.

#3 Posted by StarvingGamer (8472 posts) -

On the bright side gems can now be removed from gear so once you DO hit Radiant Star you have it forever. Of course hitting enough to cover all your gear is another matter.

I still think the real time-sink is going to be crafting perfect Rares.

#4 Posted by alternate (2719 posts) -

Sounds like that was designed to keep gold (tome) farmers busy.

#5 Posted by gamefreak9 (2397 posts) -

Holy crap 100% increase in crit damage? That's INSANE! What if you dual wield and they have like 2 slots each? Imagine 400% increase! Maybe one hit some inferno bosses IS possible :P.

#6 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

Glad to see that Diablo is still all about the grinding.

#7 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

I've heard some people saying that they have gotten to radiant star already, but there's still nothing beyond perfect squares on the AH. Could be waiting out for the RMAH but I remain skeptical.

#8 Posted by Grimluck343 (1157 posts) -

@NekuCTR said:

I've heard some people saying that they have gotten to radiant star already, but there's still nothing beyond perfect squares on the AH. Could be waiting out for the RMAH but I remain skeptical.

Or they could just be using the gems. Keep in mind that the game is still fresh enough that there isn't a large amount of gold in the game (certainly not enough for one person to have accumulated enough to match what that gem is worth).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.