Want To Start Over In Act 1 Again

#1 Posted by mordecaix7 (657 posts) -

So from the main screen you can select any completed quest and go back to it. I'm currently in Act 2 and getting my butt handed to me. I decided I'd like to rerun myself (playing solo) back through Act 1 to level up and re-see some story stuff I missed because of multiplayer stuff.

When I select a different quest it says I'll lose all progress. What exactly does that mean? What will happen if I chose to go back to The Reign of The Black King in Act 1 from Act 2? Will my level, blacksmith level, loot, etc. reset? Or is it just my current progress through the current quest I'm on in Act 2?

#2 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

Current quest

#3 Posted by alanm26v5 (463 posts) -

Just your current progress through the current quest.

#4 Posted by mordecaix7 (657 posts) -

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. I remember from the GB live stream Brad not jumping back because he wasn't sure what would happen either.

#5 Posted by tunaburn (1891 posts) -

getting your butt kicked in act 2? on normal? The game is so easy how.......

#6 Posted by Bocam (3832 posts) -

@tunaburn: The bees are the bane of my existence on any difficulty

#7 Posted by Xymox (2116 posts) -

Yeah, the wording on that isn't great. You can jump around how you like, re-do bosses, etc.

#8 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1015 posts) -

In act 2? What class are you playing? Visit the auction house and get yourself some weapons, you should be breezing through until at least the end of Act 2. 

#9 Posted by Sterling (2706 posts) -

I would re run act 2 not 1. You get more experience, gold and better items in act 2.

#10 Posted by TobbRobb (4850 posts) -

For all of you saying it's easy, considering he said he missed stuff for MP reasons, he is probably underleveled. You try going through act 2 normal as a level 11 or something.

#11 Posted by css_switchfoot (119 posts) -

Took me 35 hours to complete the game on Normal and I finished at level 35. Cleared every area and explored as much of the story stuff as I could. I am getting my ass kicked in nightmare. I'm doing the same thing the OP is doing...just going back and trying to get some levels/upgrades from the end of Act 1 Normal

#12 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

@Bocam said:

@tunaburn: The bees are the bane of my existence on any difficulty

Aww man. I just got into Act II on Nightmare. Thanks for reminding me about those.

#13 Posted by Xeirus (1371 posts) -

@mordecaix7 said:

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. I remember from the GB live stream Brad not jumping back because he wasn't sure what would happen either.

You can jump back and forward at any time, don't be scared to jump as often as you want!

If you feel like playing some time I'd be happy to run with you, still have lots of characters that need to level.

#14 Posted by mordecaix7 (657 posts) -

@Bobby_The_Great said:

In act 2? What class are you playing? Visit the auction house and get yourself some weapons, you should be breezing through until at least the end of Act 2.

@TobbRobb said:

For all of you saying it's easy, considering he said he missed stuff for MP reasons, he is probably underleveled. You try going through act 2 normal as a level 11 or something.

Personally, I haven't been wanting to just "buy teh awesome itemz" because I like having those awesome pieces of loot just drop for me instead of paying for them. I'm rolling a Level 16 Demon Hunter. What I'm doing is I would use Caltrops to slow enemies and then Evasive Fire to backup when they get too close. Act 1 it was pretty easy because the enemies would get caught right at the edge of caltrops, use evasive fire to back up, drop another caltrops and then keep boloing while mixing in impale or bombs. What happens in Act 2 is that the enemies jump directly into me there by activating caltrops while they're on top of me. I do my usual strategy but they get around it by jumping. Then when they do hit me, I feel as if I'm being hit a bit too hard for common mobs which makes me wonder if I'm under leveled or my strategy just doesn't work anymore.

So I figure if I do a little bit of extra time in Act 1, I can get a little tougher and gain some skills that would be better to deal with the mobs in act 2.

#15 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1197 posts) -

@mordecaix7 said:

@Bobby_The_Great said:

@TobbRobb said:

Personally, I haven't been wanting to just "buy teh awesome itemz" because I like having those awesome pieces of loot just drop for me instead of paying for them. I'm rolling a Level 16 Demon Hunter. What I'm doing is I would use Caltrops to slow enemies and then Evasive Fire to backup when they get too close. Act 1 it was pretty easy because the enemies would get caught right at the edge of caltrops, use evasive fire to back up, drop another caltrops and then keep boloing while mixing in impale or bombs. What happens in Act 2 is that the enemies jump directly into me there by activating caltrops while they're on top of me. I do my usual strategy but they get around it by jumping. Then when they do hit me, I feel as if I'm being hit a bit too hard for common mobs which makes me wonder if I'm under leveled or my strategy just doesn't work anymore.

So I figure if I do a little bit of extra time in Act 1, I can get a little tougher and gain some skills that would be better to deal with the mobs in act 2.

Let me tell you, as Demon Hunter you are going to need to use the auction house after Nightmare. Demon Hunter is insanely squishy if you build him to be remotely viable.

#16 Posted by GenghisJohn (257 posts) -

Just dropped in to say FUCK THOSE BEES

#17 Posted by Doctorchimp (4055 posts) -

Guys....we are really getting rusty, come on now.

#18 Posted by Bamsen (348 posts) -

@Doctorchimp:

"Thank you", every time im killin off bees I will think of this clip :P

#19 Posted by PolyesterPimp (256 posts) -

I just find my self reloading dungeons to level up currently lvl 28 just starting act 3 as a monk and the whole game is a breeze to me.

#20 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Normal and almost everything in nightmare is really easy. I did gear up in the ah though. If you missed stuff re-running act 1 once or twice can't hurt so go ahead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.