What class is everyone rolling?

• 132 results
#1 Posted by Jumbs (272 posts) -

#2 Posted by Jumbs (272 posts) -

I'm mainly interested to see (Admittedly based on a small sample size), what is turning out to be the LEAST played character.

#3 Posted by Gargantuan (1883 posts) -

Barbarian, probably female.

#4 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

male Witch Doctor

#5 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

The Wizard, of course. I'll name him Chris Remo.

#6 Posted by MatPaget (1121 posts) -

I'm going to go with a Male Demon Hunter called DiegoHotspur

#7 Edited by SeanFoster (879 posts) -

I'll be playing as a Monk and a Wizard to begin with, I'm not sure which one will end up getting played the most. I'll give a Witch Doctor a try as well.

I'm not going to lie, I mostly want to be a Wizard so I can comment on how fucked up stuff is.

#8 Posted by MEATBALL (3333 posts) -

I was really impressed with how satisfying the Barbarian felt to use during the public beta, but I think I'll go with Demon Hunter. I really enjoyed my time with the class.

#9 Posted by Fattony12000 (7528 posts) -

All classes.

#10 Posted by Soapy86 (2634 posts) -

Witch Doctor

#11 Posted by YI_Orange (1163 posts) -

@Fattony12000 said:

All classes.

But my first class.....HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

@Gargantuan: I thought the female barbarian looked terrible when I saw it in the open beta weekend.

#12 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

I voted Demon Hunter, but I'm so indecisive. I can't pick one.

#13 Posted by Gargantuan (1883 posts) -

@YI_Orange said:

@Fattony12000 said:

All classes.

But my first class.....HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

@Gargantuan: I thought the female barbarian looked terrible when I saw it in the open beta weekend.

She at least sounds scandinavian, unlike the male.

#14 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1546 posts) -

Probably Barb, leap helps get to bosses pretty quick, maybe not as fast as a demon hunter or Wizard with teleport (they do still have that right? I haven't checked.) That hook is pretty fun too.

Jumping straight into hardcore at level 10. I think the only class I won't play in DIII will be Witch Doctor, found him quite boring, same reason I never played Necro in D2. Wizard will probably be my second class, just for the fast boss rushes.

#15 Edited by Savage (338 posts) -

Solo: Witch Doctor (male, for the voice)

Multiplayer: Monk (male, for the beard)

#16 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

WD

#17 Posted by FateOfNever (1848 posts) -

Between Wizard and Witch Doctor. For the first one. I plan to play just about everything through the game though (except maybe Demon Hunter. I was not in love with the demon hunter during my time with it in the beta, but it's hard for me to tell if that was just the early levels, just me being tired of going through the start of act 1 close to ten times, or if I just don't like what the class does compared to everything else.) Wizard was probably one of my most enjoyed though, and Witch Doctor allows for some things I find amusing and fun. Barbarian is also maybe in the running just because my first Diablo 2 character was a Barbarian.

So the only thing for sure that won't be my first will be a Demon Hunter or a Monk. I'll vote Wizard, but, really it could be any one of those other three, but Wizard seems to be my instinctive answer.

#18 Posted by chrissedoff (2153 posts) -

I think the Witch Doctor, but I might play the Monk. It depends on what my brother picks.

#19 Posted by Deadmanforking (578 posts) -

Witch docter. Never thought I'd go with that, but had the most fun with the docter in the beta.

#20 Edited by NaDannMaGoGo (338 posts) -

Barbarian - Male for Singleplayer.

DH - Probably Female for 2player with a friend ^_^

I do love them all though, that game is never going to burn out of content for me o,,o

#21 Posted by HarlechQuinn (450 posts) -

Starting with the Monk (male) in our currently four men strong multiplayer group... and two days later when only two people (myself included) are left I will switch to the Witch Doctor (male)...

#22 Posted by MrMuscle (447 posts) -

I will play a Barbarian for my solo games and Monk when I'm playing coop with my brothers.

#23 Posted by Tennmuerti (8140 posts) -

Female Monk.

Love a melee class built around agility and mobility. Teleporting around at all times with every punch, being a blur on the screen in constant motion has been great in the demo.
Female couse she has a very slavik "russian" accent :P

#24 Posted by Jimbo (9869 posts) -

Hey, Witch Doctor! Give us the magic words!

#25 Posted by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -

Monk. Enjoyed it the most, it's dynamic and I like that in my hack'n'slashes.

#26 Posted by Danteveli (1197 posts) -

demon hunter

#27 Posted by UnoGenius (143 posts) -

I'm rolling a demon hunter, but I'm interested in the monk.

#28 Posted by Ben_H (3384 posts) -

Barbarian first, then a mage class second. That's what I usually do.

I wish there was Necromancer. I want to play a cruise control class again. Build skeletons, kill everything with no effort.

#29 Posted by lancer75 (87 posts) -

I want to play everything but the Witch Doctor. I'll start with the Demon Hunter, I like how agile the class feels.

#30 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -

Barbarian for me. Love Warrior/Warrior type classes.

#31 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Demon Hunter, most likely. I like to play ranged characters.

#32 Posted by emem (1968 posts) -

It's great to see that it's almost even.  

I'll probably play the Wizard first, simply because I want to use chain lightning.

#33 Posted by CaLe (4021 posts) -

BARB. Was the most satisfying class to play in BETA. bita.

#34 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1041 posts) -

I decided to go with a barbarian because that was the first class I played in Diablo 2. Barbs were also a lot of fun to play in the beta. Every class was fun though.

#35 Posted by fox01313 (5081 posts) -

Hard to tell really as with other class specific RPGs/MMOs I tend to spend about an hour with each class before picking a main & possibly rerolling that class once I get a better feel for the game.

#36 Edited by xxNBxx (978 posts) -

Most likely a WD first, (not sure if I will go male or female, I like the voice acting for both) the group I am going to play with on launch day already will consists of a DH, Barb, and Monk. So I had to pick between a Wiz and a WD and I flipped a coin.

#37 Posted by Ascardon (70 posts) -

Witch doctor is awesome love that jamacian accent it really sets the tone. May 15 can't come soon enough.

#38 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

I like Demon Hunter the most for now. Female.

#39 Edited by Chubbaluphigous (571 posts) -

I normally roll spell casters in RPGs. They are typically the most fun for me because I casting spells interest me more than swinging a sword. But I remember when i did a Inferno playthrough of D2, almost all the creatures were immune to most of the elemental attacks. You also have to mid-max a single element if you want to get the higher end spells, and I don't want to be pigeon holed into a single element or 2.

Right now I am planning on playing through as the Demon Hunter because I also really like agile characters. Also I figure that if I am playing a game where I am hunting demons, then I should probably play as a hunter of demons. I am pretty interested in the Monk too. That will probably be my second playthrough.

#40 Posted by JP_Russell (1172 posts) -

Well, I'll play all of them, but my first pick will be the Witch Doctor. I like pets.

#41 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Wizard, prob Female (if iam gonna stare at pixels for the next 20 years might as well be female)

#42 Posted by Grimluck343 (1149 posts) -

I'm really surprised to see the Wizard poll below the Witch Doctor, mainly because I think the Witch Doctor is boring as hell.

#43 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Probably a magic-using class in whichever far superior RPG I play instead

#44 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Demon Hunter, cause i fucking hate demons! But all of the classes look really cool.

#45 Posted by liquidmatt (230 posts) -

I played Demon Hunter then Witch Doctor for beta. Have to say the Witch Doctor swings it. Being able to call him 'Dre' has nothing to do with my choice. Maybe.

#46 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Demon Hunter for my first single player play through.

Not sure after that, maybe the Monk.

#47 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Wizard.

#48 Posted by Crono (2687 posts) -

I'm gonna have a die with me when I first sit down to play D3 and the roll will determine my first hero. I like them all so much that I just can't choose on my own.

#49 Posted by MentalDisruption (1643 posts) -

Witch Doctor for life. I'll make a monk and demon hunter eventually as well.

#50 Edited by Tennmuerti (8140 posts) -
@Crono: Do you have a 5 sided die?

:)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.