Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

What Classes Have You Tried and How Did You Like 'Em?

• 92 results
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Played the Demon Hunter and Barbarian thus far. Loved the Demon Hunter. The mix of ranged attacks and fun utility abilities - as well as the emphasis on movement - is just what I'm looking for in this type of game. The Barbarian is way too one-tone for me. Whilst it's satisfying to punch the skeleton out of rotting meatsacks with a meaty thump of my fist, it boils down to just standing there and holding down the attack button. Also - for some reason, my Barbarian's inventory filled up way quicker than with the Demon Hunter.

Diablo 3 is going to be fantastic, that's one thing for sure. Just hope I'll be able to crank up the difficulty right out of the gate, for NORMAL is way too trivial.

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Nentisys

So far I have only been playing the monk, its pretty cool. Gonna try out demon hunter next.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Grillbar

tried em all and i really loved demon hunter. witch doctor was also kinda fun only got to lvl 6 monk and might be more fun down the road the rest was meh

but i think they will open up past the lvl 13 cap

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

I played them all last year, before they made all the huge changes. I'm too lazy to reinstall the beta to see what they changed though.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Witch Doctor, love it.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Wemibelle

Tried em all when I just got into beta last week and had the most fun with the Demon Hunter. I play a Hunter in WoW and it is reminiscent of that, kiting enemies and staying away. Definitely what I'm playing in the final release.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By RVonE

Demon Hunter and Barbarian. Loved the visceral feel of the Barbarian.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Marz

tried em all during the closed beta, demon hunter and barbarian are more my style and played well.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By raviolisumo

Witchdoctor GOTY 2012.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By foggel
    @Seppli: In character creation mode, there is supposed to be a "Hardcore" button. It is not available in the beta it seems, but I'm guessing that it's connected to the difficulty of the game. 

I've only tried the monk class, but I love it. I never seem to go under 90% of health, is this just me? Most of the time I have 100% health even in combat.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Demon Hunter and Monk are my favourites. Witch Doctor seemed decently fun too, but I haven't played much of that one.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrMuscle

I've tried the barbarian and the monk. I was sure I would play the barbarian as my main as soon as the game was out. But after trying the monk I might have to change that plan.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

So far I only played Error 37 and I'm not digging it.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

with their wise decision to only use US servers they pretty much screwed over everyone in europe. I can only log in with luck and have yet to be able to successfully start even a singleplayer game

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

@2HeadedNinja: It's a great way to test the servers ahead of their international launch. Oh, wait...

Anyway, I've been playing as the Monk, been having good times when not having error 37 times. Those are not good times.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Seppli

@foggel said:

@Seppli: In character creation mode, there is supposed to be a "Hardcore" button. It is not available in the beta it seems, but I'm guessing that it's connected to the difficulty of the game. I've only tried the monk class, but I love it. I never seem to go under 90% of health, is this just me? Most of the time I have 100% health even in combat.

Isn't that for the perma-death mode? I guess we'll be able to play any difficulty with perma-death enabled.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By selbie

I'm a wizard, and that beam spell is FUCKIN AWESOME :D

Also a Monk. I love punching dudes in the face.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jaktajj

Easily the barbarian for me. Jumping into a crowd and just taking out three guys with one swing just makes you feel like the biggest badass ever. I also love the design of the female Barb.

Having said that. All the classes are fucking amazing. You could play anyone and have a great time.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By pweidman

Barbarian only so far, and he's very cool. Most skills I got seem fun. Runes too. Looking forward now more than ever to May 15th.

Oh, and btw, 'stressing the servers' has obviously been a success.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#20  Edited By StarvingGamer

I only had about 15 minutes to play and probably won't get any more time this weekend but I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with my plan to play as a Demon Hunter first.

@Seppli said:

@foggel said:

@Seppli: In character creation mode, there is supposed to be a "Hardcore" button. It is not available in the beta it seems, but I'm guessing that it's connected to the difficulty of the game. I've only tried the monk class, but I love it. I never seem to go under 90% of health, is this just me? Most of the time I have 100% health even in combat.

Isn't that for the perma-death mode? I guess we'll be able to play any difficulty with perma-death enabled.

Yeah, Hardcore mode means perma-death. I think previously you had to beat the game on Normal to unlock it but recently they changed it to unlock after you've reached level 10.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By jkz

Monk is pretty awesome, for me. I just really enjoyed the rhythm of it, because it felt a good deal faster than isometric dungeon crawlers usually do because of the Monk's focus on getting in and killing shit as quickly as possible.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Demon Hunter and Barbarian.

I liked Demon Hunter, I guess.

Barbarian was pretty boring..

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gamefreak9

Played them all... I'd say demon hunter is coolest... Barb leaping is also cool though I cant imagine making a hardcore Barb... it seems too high risk to just be so close and personal.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By Video_Game_King

I tried a sociology class once, and soon discovered how college know-it-all hippies are born.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#25  Edited By sjschmidt93

I played them all.in my opinion. M > W > B > DH > WD

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played Demon Hunter, Monk, and Barbarian. I hated the Barbarian but only got to level 3 so he may get more fun later. I got my monk to level 7 and absolutely fucking loved him. So damn cool. I started a Demon Hunter and played all the way through the beta with a friend and that was pretty fun as well but not nearly as fun as the monk.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MezZa

Played the witch doctor, monk, and now I'm playing the demon hunter. Demon hunter is alright so far, but I really really enjoyed both the monk and the witch doctor.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Grissefar

@Seppli said:

Played the Demon Hunter and Barbarian thus far. Loved the Demon Hunter. The mix of ranged attacks and fun utility abilities - as well as the emphasis on movement - is just what I'm looking for in this type of game. The Barbarian is way too one-tone for me. Whilst it's satisfying to punch the skeleton out of rotting meatsacks with a meaty thump of my fist, it boils down to just standing there and holding down the attack button. Also - for some reason, my Barbarian's inventory filled up way quicker than with the Demon Hunter.

Diablo 3 is going to be fantastic, that's one thing for sure. Just hope I'll be able to crank up the difficulty right out of the gate, for NORMAL is way too trivial.

Hehe finally a game that suits you. I was getting tired of all your complaints about EA games (SSX, KoA and ME3) not conforming to the extreme ways in which you play your games. Hopefully this one won't be as aggrevating.

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Redsox44

First time I've played diablo but hitting things with the barbarian was really satisfying. Will try other classes later.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By ESREVER

The Monk's attacks are awesome, I love deadly reach. She was the first class I rolled and love everything about it so far. I don't want to be a Russian monk lady though, but whatever. Minor complaint.

When I was coerced into making a new character to start a fresh run with a group of friends (not fond of multiple toons), I decided to roll with a Barbarian, which apart from their awesome leap strike ability (bypassing stairways is the best), was pretty boring. I haven't tried any of the other classes due to lack of interest. I've never been into caster type classes.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Seppli

Managed a playthrough with a Witchdoctor and Monk today, despite all the stress test downtimes. Liked the Witchdoctor alot, except for how crowded the screen becomes with all the spiders and zombie dogs and whatnot - at times it's hard to make out the enemies in the sea of friendly summons. The monk's quite awesome too. Like it more than the Barbarian - I find it takes a tad bit more finesse to be effective. Overall I still liked the Demon Hunter the most. Wizard tomorrow.

I guess I'll only play one character for serious at release, so I better chose the right class for me. Unless the Wizard blows my mind, I'll go for the Demon Hunter. Good thing Blizzard opend up the beta for a spell.

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Adamsons

Tried all throughout closed beta. Will be playing Monk day 1.

Witch doctor probably felt the most ineffective out of all of the classes until I got soul harvest, after which it was pretty powerful. Barb is probably the strongest and has the best skill set at 13, using both frenzy and cleave is pretty awesome.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By niamahai

I like the russian monk lady and the oh-so-not-RedSonja Barbarian lady.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By HadesTimes

Played Demon Hunter and Monk. Really liked the Monk. I mostly liked Demon Hunter, I think her potential lies at higher levels than allowed in this game. Also, not sure what weapons are ACTUALLY good for her. I'm not a big fan of the two hand crossbows. Except, like I said; if she gets better after level 11.

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cronus42

Monk is hilarious once you get the full 360 arc for his kick. teleports into a huge group hit that and everything just rag-dolls away from you.. Barb is kinda fun too, but Monk all the way.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MikeGosot
    Barbarian and Monk all the way.

@Video_Game_King said:

I tried a sociology class once, and soon discovered how college know-it-all hippies are born.

I love sociology, but oh my god, there are so many assholes in sociology classes that it's not even funny.
    Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Floppypants

I've played through the beta with all five classes, and they're all phenomenal.

Come retail, I'll most likely pick Wizard in honor of my old D2 hydra Sorc.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JCGamer

I've liked the wizard more than the monk. After hearing about how many people are digging the hunter--I might have to try that before the open beta closes.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By Commisar123

I only tried the demon hunter but I really enjoyed what I saw

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Seppli

Just did the Wizard, and it felt relatively weak in comparison to the other classes. Might have just been bad luck with drops. She packed a decent punch by the end. Don't like the rather restrictive and completely one-way mana mechanic of the wizard. Definitely the least favorite class out of the bunch.

I decided to lvl my Demon Hunter a 'lil further. So I killed Leoric twice more, starting from the crown quest. Brought up the lvl to 11. What a fantastic class. I got vault, which is an amazing movement skill, as well as unlocked the first passive trait slot at lvl 10 (one option giving me a massive movement speed buff for 2sec after vault). So 'effin good.

Definitely going to roll a Demon Hunter at release. Not yet sure if male or female. Shame there isn't more customization. Some preset faces and hair-does, essentially a WoW-level of customization, would have gone a long way. Release can come. I am reassured that my time and money will be well spent, respectively well wasted, on Diablo 3.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Seppli
    I only had a chance to play through with a barbarian and a wizzad.
    My wizzard chick was pretty much one shotting all normal enemies with the large aoe orb spell and once you get lightning explosions whole groups are dying in a blink of an eye.
    For boss switching to buffed magic missle and frost beam pretty much raped him.
    Considering your first 2 extra spells are also aoe, this class has aoe coming out the ass.
    I tore through the demo much faster with a wizzard then with the barbarian, due to huge aoe damage.

By the way none of the gear binds so you can share all your good gear between any character, just use the stash.
    There is no reason to be without gear after even 1 run through the demo.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By BoG

I've played as the Monk, Wizard, Witch Doctor, and Demon Hunter. I've enjoyed them all, though Monk and Wizard were my favorites. I think I'll end up playing as the Witch Doctor, because he is unlike anything I've ever played before.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Seppli

@Tennmuerti said:

@Seppli: I only had a chance to play through with a barbarian and a wizzad. My wizzard chick was pretty much one shotting all normal enemies with the large aoe orb spell and once you get lightning explosions whole groups are dying in a blink of an eye. For boss switching to buffed magic missle and frost beam pretty much raped him. Considering your first 2 extra spells are also aoe, this class has aoe coming out the ass.I tore through the demo much faster with a wizzard then with the barbarian, due to huge aoe damage. By the way none of the gear binds so you can share all your good gear between any character, just use the stash. There is no reason to be without gear after even 1 run through the demo.

I ran around with the default wand for a bit too long, before crafting a decent one. I'm still not entirely clear on how weapons affect spells. I'd been able to equip wierd ass weapons, like 2hand axes and such. I didn't though, because it seemed nonsensical for a wizard. If spells scale with any equipable weapon type, well, then I guess I know why my mage had the hardest time.

btw. what happens when I'm out of mana whilst wielding a big ass axe? Melee attacks?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Seppli
    Yea all apells and abilities scale with your characters DPS.
    So that starting wand crippled you bigtime.

Yes melee attacks, even with say a sceptre you will do melee atacks.
    But the leftclick action never costs mana anyway.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Seppli: Wands probably won't become useful until you start picking up magical ones that give large +Damage bonuses to Wizard spells. It's hard to say as they've taken down all the Legendary item properties from the game guide as they're being reworked.

EDIT: On topic, I've played a Demon Hunter to level 6 and a Monk to level 3. Unfortunately my weekends are when I'm busiest so I haven't been able to delve too deep. So far, though, I'm loving the game. Everything feels so much snappier and I'm glad I don't have to suffer through the OOM-fest that was Act 1 in Diablo 2. I can't wait for retail so I can play my Rocket Hunter!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Tennmuerti

Just finished a runthrough with a monk.
    Was admitedly kind of overpowered for the starting areas due to dualwielding a couple of over 10 dps weapons i got from previous character runs.
    The end demo boss, king skeleton went down before he could get off a second summon in.

clientkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By clientkiller

Whats the benefit of Hardcore mode? Can you get better loot drops or are there only achievements to make hardcore something worth doing?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By StarvingGamer

@clientkiller: The satisfaction of being HARDCORE. Also there will probably be hardcore specific achievements.

Socialone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Socialone

@MikeGosot said:

Barbarian and Monk all the way.

@Video_Game_King said:

I love sociology, but oh my god, there are so many assholes in sociology classes that it's not even funny.

I'm majoring in sociology and I gotta say being liberal is a prerequisite to get your degree, otherwise insanity awaits. That suits me, but I understand it might be a problem for many Americans.

On topic, I only played as a Monk and I was not disappointed. He'll be my main on May 15th as planned. I'll probably try the WD, as the necro was my favorite in DII.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Funkydupe

What a generic piece of crap game!

I enjoyed the Wizard and I will probably buy the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.