What do YOU need from this?

#1 Edited by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

What do you need from Diablo 3 in order to buy it?

For me, it's simple. I'd need friends to have it so I can play with them. But even then, I might just get for the solo play.
#2 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3089 posts) -

The ability to switch from left-clicking to right-clicking.

#3 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

The same awesome gameplay. The same great lobbies / Battle.net. The same great lore. But balance the trees. Diablo II if you were a Paladin you most likely were a Chargadin. Assassin? Trapassin. Fuck that!

#4 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

Make it look nicer and add nicer spells.

DONE!

#5 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
Fr0Br0 said:
"The ability to switch from left-clicking to right-clicking."
You could do that in previous Diablo's, I'm 80% sure.
#6 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3089 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
"The ability to switch from left-clicking to right-clicking."
You could do that in previous Diablo's, I'm 80% sure."
I can't really remember. The last time I played it was years ago on my friends computer. But they should still have that in the new Diablo.
#7 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

Diablo II holds up so well that it's hard for me to suggest any concrete improvements. I'm mostly excited for the lore. I want to see how they incorporate the Evils into this narrative, since we all but finished the job the last time around.

#8 Posted by TooWalrus (13135 posts) -

Diablo III needs to be fun. How about that?

#9 Posted by PowerSerj (987 posts) -

A TON of uniques and runewords. Only things that kept me playing D2 for so long.

#10 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"The same awesome gameplay. The same great lobbies / Battle.net. The same great lore. But balance the trees. Diablo II if you were a Paladin you most likely were a Chargadin. Assassin? Trapassin. Fuck that!"
This, Vinchenzo said it all
#11 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

BEAR BLASTING!!!

In all seriousness, though...I just need good hack 'n' slash.  That's it.
#12 Edited by hidys (1029 posts) -

Cow level

and another level with rainbows and ponys

#13 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

I'm gonna need to beef up my computer for this one, sadly.

Another thing . . . I NEED AWESOME YELLOW LOOT.
#14 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

Resolutions above 800x600.
That's about it.

#15 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -

maybe a good story.. but im not expecting that with a diablo game.

As long as the really good loot is a challenge to get it should be amazing. 

#16 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Probably need it to be released on 360 or PS3.  With the graphics and specs of Blizzard games my PC could probably run it, but it wouldn't be especially enjoyable.  Might build a new PC by the time it comes out, who knows.

I was never a huge fan of Blizzard, I only ever played the first chapter and a half of Diablo 2, just always get bored.  Still have my copy though.  Just saying that because it helps explain why I wouldn't want to build a PC for that game.

#17 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Diablo II holds up so well that it's hard for me to suggest any concrete improvements. I'm mostly excited for the lore. I want to see how they incorporate the Evils into this narrative, since we all but finished the job the last time around. "
Good point.

I need great (not good) community/online features
#18 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -
Diamond said:
"Probably need it to be released on 360 or PS3.  With the graphics and specs of Blizzard games my PC could probably run it, but it wouldn't be especially enjoyable.  Might build a new PC by the time it comes out, who knows.I was never a huge fan of Blizzard, I only ever played the first chapter and a half of Diablo 2, just always get bored.  Still have my copy though.  Just saying that because it helps explain why I wouldn't want to build a PC for that game."
Inventory management would get really convoluted on a console. Diablo was released back in the day for the original Playstation, and while the general fighting mechanics were functional, inventory organization was something of an issue. Diablo II, were it transferred to consoles, would have compounded this two-fold.

The things are built for PCs. It's a shame you haven't really enjoyed them thus far. 
#19 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Diamond said:
"Probably need it to be released on 360 or PS3.  With the graphics and specs of Blizzard games my PC could probably run it, but it wouldn't be especially enjoyable.  Might build a new PC by the time it comes out, who knows.I was never a huge fan of Blizzard, I only ever played the first chapter and a half of Diablo 2, just always get bored.  Still have my copy though.  Just saying that because it helps explain why I wouldn't want to build a PC for that game."
Inventory management would get really convoluted on a console. Diablo was released back in the day for the original Playstation, and while the general fighting mechanics were functional, inventory organization was something of an issue. Diablo II, were it transferred to consoles, would have compounded this two-fold. The things are built for PCs. It's a shame you haven't really enjoyed them thus far.  "
I liked the Diablo-clone Baldur's Gate and Everquest spinoff games on PS2.  That's just what I imagine if Diablo 3 came to consoles.  They might have to change some spells, but otherwise it'd work great.  Pause gameplay when accessing the inventory as well.
#20 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

O lawdy

I'm getting a new gaming PC for my birthday, and I'm so hyped to get this. I have such good memories of doing co-op with mah mates. Awesomeness.
#21 Posted by xxNBxx (970 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Diablo II holds up so well that it's hard for me to suggest any concrete improvements. I'm mostly excited for the lore. I want to see how they incorporate the Evils into this narrative, since we all but finished the job the last time around. "
There are a few things i can suggest.  Not having to make an offline character and an online character,  Having some way to trade loot between two characters you have without having to get a friend to help you. A far better way to use and switch between powers (that one we already know they have done)  Giving you the option to get more spells without feeling like your under powered.  In Diablo 2 it, more or less, came down to you just using 2 or 3 activated powers.  (by the looks of it they are fixing this as well)  Get rid of TP scrolls and ID scrolls. (all they did was slow the game down.  Give us an item we can use that will do the same job of the TP scrolls, and just get rid of the need to identify things) Stackable items, No more armor repair, no more ammo. (they took out the ammo already)

hidys said:
"Cow leveland another level with rainbows and ponys"

O you know they are going to put in a level with rainbows and ponys.  prob wont see another Cow level though

But for me, All I need for me to buy Diablo 3 is for it to be in stores.
#22 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

Loot

God i fucking love loot
#23 Posted by MasturbatingBear (1781 posts) -

Seriously, They need to have something as ridiculous as the cow level. I would also like the same map system where the map is on screen always if you hit tab. And the randomizing of locations got kind of annoying but prevented lots of trouble from happening.

#24 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -

Dude, it's Diablo (and Blizzard)... they could take a big fat shit, call it a "game", and I'd still buy it :p

#25 Edited by Karmum (11517 posts) -
Arkthemaniac said:
"What do you need from Diablo 3 in order to buy it?"
In order for me to buy Diablo III, I need it now.
#26 Edited by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

I'm just happy they're finally making Diablo 3.

#27 Posted by Gmanall (1683 posts) -

I need the moon to grow and shrink as I shoot it

#28 Posted by ValkyrieGoddess (1922 posts) -
TooWalrus said:
"Diablo III needs to be fun. How about that?"
Yeah exactly.
#29 Posted by ez123 (1945 posts) -

Battle.net has to be less vunerable to hacking.   I don't know if anyone remembers hacked items like the White Ring and Hexes but they made the characters so overpowered.  

#30 Posted by xxNBxx (970 posts) -

Just thought of something.   LEVEL EDITOR! 

#31 Posted by Scheds (463 posts) -

Honestly, I don't see anything I don't like about Diablo 3 yet. A free camera would be nice now that it's in 3D.

#32 Posted by Ben_H (3309 posts) -

If I can click on dudes and they explode I'm satisfied.

And the previously mentioned higher resolution than 800x600.

#33 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

A very secure B.net, remove dupes QUICKLY if they do occur and limit it to 1 account per CD-Key make people buy new CDs if they are gonna exploit and such. But other than that if I can remember my early teen years of Junior high playing Diablo 2 after school at LAN centers then i'll be happy.

#34 Posted by RubiksGenius06 (2 posts) -
Subject2Change said:
"...and limit it to 1 account per CD-Key make people buy new CDs if they are gonna exploit and such...."

I think that's a horrible idea. If by exploit you mean dupe or whatever, then there are better ways around that. Part of what made me keep playing diablo 2 for so long was the ability to create a bunch of characters and experiment with different builds. If we are limited to one account per CD key I think it will be hard to taste the full game.

On another note, most pallys are chargedins? How about hammerdins and smiters?
#35 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

Being able to run it at 1280x1024 (or more depending if I have a new screen by then) + sweet graphics + great story + make it as easy as D2 to jump back and forth into games etc.

Yes? :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.