Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Why am I doing so much more damage suddenly?

Sarge__Gunnerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I just finished the first four acts of Diablo 3 with a friend and I finished as a level 55 monk on expert. We started Act 5 and I'm suddenly doing a lot more critical hits that range anywhere from 4 to 25 million. I wasn't doing hardly any crits before and they were only a couple hundred thousand max. Any explanation for this? Is my game glitched?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Zeik

Did you get any noticeably good skills or weapons recently? Damage output can change pretty dramatically with some good drops.

Several million damage in act V isn't that strange, especially on expert. I played on master with my Demon Hunter and I remember climbing into the millions in act V.

Sarge__Gunnerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the same weapons I had at the tail end of Act 4. Maybe I didn't notice the numbers before, but I think I would have. My damage is only at 17.7k which seems low. My friend is a Crusader and his damage is listed as 20k and he only gets in the hundreds of thousands for crits. I don't know much about Diablo's systems but it just seems odd.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you only getting the huge damage numbers on killing blows? I think there's an item that causes you to produce millions of damage on killing blows regardless of DPS

Sarge__Gunnerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@htr10: It doesn't seem that way, but I'll have to check next time I play. I remember doing a seven sided strike and getting 4 million plus on each hit. I was definitely getting in the millions on some hits that weren't kills.

Sarge__Gunnerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did notice that this started happening after I picked up the legendary sword "Sever" but it doesn't look like it has stats that would do that.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zeik

I did notice that this started happening after I picked up the legendary sword "Sever" but it doesn't look like it has stats that would do that.

There's your answer. Sever causes massive crits on kill.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6412212062

Sarge__Gunnerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sarge__Gunnerz

Ahh that must be what it means when it says the dead rest in pieces. Thanks for the tip!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.