Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Will Diablo have the same servers cross-platform?

frankiebeanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Will I be able to play with my friend who has it on pc if I buy the 360 version? I think I remember them saying it was possible on ps3 but my ps3 died playing the last of us sadly :(

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frankiebeanz: All current gen versions do not have online capabilities only local co-op. From what Blizzard were saying next gen versions will probably have some online support.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jimmyfenix

@frankiebeanz: All current gen versions do not have online capabilities only local co-op. From what Blizzard were saying next gen versions will probably have some online support.

frankiebeanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frankiebeanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im getting different stories about this. Some saying it has online co-op and local play and some saying local play only? Can some one who has ACTUALLY bought the game clarify this ?

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Mister_V

I have the PS3 version and the modes are:

Invite only

Friends only

Open (anyone can join)

LAN

Hope this helps.

I am assuming it also has offline co-op as the TV ads they have been running for it in the UK show a bunch of people sitting on a couch playing it.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jdh5153

It most definitely has online play, but I'd have to assume it's only on the same platform. You can adjust the options to be region specific and language specific. All the people who have joined my games have had 360 gamer tags so I can almost certainly say it's specific to your console. As for PC cross platform, it's a totally different game. There's no Auction House and therefore the loot works differently on the console. There's really no way you could merge the two. The menu systems are also quite different.

If you ask me the console version is miles better than the PC version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.