Will my machine run diablo III

#1 Posted by sam1am7000 (99 posts) -

I have a laptop running Win 7 with (in simple terms):

CPU: core i7

RAM: 8 GB

Graphics: no dedicated card.

Can I run Diablo 3? I don't want to buy it and find it not usable. Also my internet is kinda crappy.

I thought I'd try out the starter edition that was supposed to be out by now to verify this, but since that has not happened i've started this thread.

Oh and news about when the started edition will come out for all would also be appreciated.

#2 Posted by jasonefmonk (343 posts) -

I have an i5 laptop with the HD3000 integrated graphics and 8GB RAM, and it runs much better than I expected. I PM'd you a guest pass just to be sure, have fun!

#3 Posted by Xanders (5 posts) -

This game can pretty much run on a calculator so I think you're good. I have an old machine with 2GB ram and it runs perfect on med settings.

#4 Posted by alternate (2679 posts) -

The on board gfx are the bottleneck. Should run on medium and up settings.

#5 Posted by Keavy_Rain (129 posts) -

This could run Diablo 3 on decent settings?

#6 Posted by jasonefmonk (343 posts) -

@Keavy_Rain: Decent is subjective, it could run it but I'd guess using mostly "low" settings.

#7 Posted by CosmicBatman (317 posts) -

It will run, but Integrated graphics might be sketchy. Definitely try the demo before buying. You can try it out now without a guest pass, you just need a Battle.net account.

#8 Posted by Keavy_Rain (129 posts) -

I'm building a dedicated gaming PC once I pay that off, so I think I'll wait until then to play it.

#9 Posted by MB (11889 posts) -

@Keavy_Rain: Good idea. I have a MacBook Air with the same specs, and while it will play Diablo 3 on low settings, the experience isn't great. These machines are better suited for adventure and puzzle games.

#10 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

No gtfo

#11 Posted by Doctorchimp (4067 posts) -

As someone who is about to send in their defective EVGA 670, will my intel i7 3770k with integrated HD 4000 play diablo 3 without a video card?

#12 Posted by MB (11889 posts) -

@Doctorchimp: It'll definitely run. With shadows off you should get 30-40 FPS or more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.