You're not gonna see the real money AH in the near future

#1 Edited by RedRoach (1174 posts) -

According to this Blizzard forum post The real money AH has been delayed beyond the May timeframe, they did not give an eta.

So blizzard, how about you let us play offline now? I was totally fine with always online until my game actually started lagging. I don't really see any legitimate reason to not let us.

I'm actually kind of bummed out, I had a goal of raising 20$ and buy Warcraft 3 entirely with Diablo money.

#2 Posted by Noisician (77 posts) -

It won't go up until the gold AH isn't completely broken. So... lets say September.

#3 Edited by Stete (722 posts) -

Well, the good thing about Blizzard is that it's not afraid to just outright kill ideas which won't work regardless of how much time and money they throw at them (Starcraft Ghost and Warcraft Adventures being prime examples). So ye, hopefully the whole idea will be scrapped altogether.

But even I doubt they'll add an offline mode, even though they'll earn a ton of good will if they do. But as I said in another thread, it's only a matter of time until someone manages to make a private server for this.

#4 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

Damn! Now how am i supposed to pay my rent?

#5 Posted by MrKlorox (11198 posts) -

So the main reason for the singleplayer portion even being capable of having lag doesn't even have a time frame for coming to the game? I wasn't even planning on using the real money auction house, but knowing it was a feature that required the game servers to host singleplayer always made the random connection problems more bearable. Now lag is going to be even more irritating when it happens.

#6 Posted by Redsox44 (481 posts) -

Man I really wanted to make money to buy Starcraft 2. Oh well.

#7 Edited by MonetaryDread (1987 posts) -

@Stete said:

But even I doubt they'll add an offline mode, even though they'll earn a ton of good will if they do. But as I said in another thread, it's only a matter of time until someone manages to make a private server for this.

There have been multiple private servers available since the beta; plus, a known cracking group has created an offline mode that has been available since day 1.

I would provide names and links to examples, but the Giantbomb TOS says I will be banned if I do because, while those things are completely legal where I live cracking a game in the USA is still illegal.

#8 Posted by wemibelec90 (1500 posts) -

Duh, it's Blizzard. Of course it won't be anytime soon. ^_^

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.