Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jan 02, 1997

An isometric action RPG that takes place in and below the town of Tristram. Gothic fantasy weapons and spells are used to defeat hordes of monsters from hell through randomized dungeon levels, continuously gaining experience points, gold, and a variety of equipment to bolster the hero's monster-killing potency along the way.

Diablo vs. Dungeon Siege, or Why Isn't it Fun?

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
    deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

Awhile back I decided to download the demo for Diablo, its an awesome game that I plan on buying. Anyway, I was looking for other games similar to it, and I downloaded the demo to Dungeon Siege. It wasn't like Diablo at all, at least in my mind. In Diablo, to attack, you have to click multiple times to continue attacking. In Dungeon Siege, to attack, you click once and your avatar continues to attack unaided. For some reason, my brain gets turned off on this sort of method of attacking. Don't get me wrong, KoToR so far has done this kind of attacking very well. But I come to Diablo, and KoToR for different things. I come to KoToR for a realized universe, while I like Diablo's action more than its story. (You need to kill satan) So, what do you guys think? How do you think I can overcome my Dungeon Siege problem? I guess I'll just have to check the options for an option to turn one-click combat off. Regardless, Sacred Gold should fill that 'not Diablo, but Diablo' void.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awhile back I decided to download the demo for Diablo, its an awesome game that I plan on buying. Anyway, I was looking for other games similar to it, and I downloaded the demo to Dungeon Siege. It wasn't like Diablo at all, at least in my mind. In Diablo, to attack, you have to click multiple times to continue attacking. In Dungeon Siege, to attack, you click once and your avatar continues to attack unaided. For some reason, my brain gets turned off on this sort of method of attacking. Don't get me wrong, KoToR so far has done this kind of attacking very well. But I come to Diablo, and KoToR for different things. I come to KoToR for a realized universe, while I like Diablo's action more than its story. (You need to kill satan) So, what do you guys think? How do you think I can overcome my Dungeon Siege problem? I guess I'll just have to check the options for an option to turn one-click combat off. Regardless, Sacred Gold should fill that 'not Diablo, but Diablo' void.

unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By unclejohnny79

Dungeon Siege 2 fixed those problems i think

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By AndrewB

I dunno if there's a solution to your Dungeon Siege problem. Having skipped over Diablo, myself, and having played through the original Dungeon Siege, and most of its sequel, I can definitely say that it doesn't bother me. Dungeon Siege is a masterpiece of a game, even if the basic gameplay scheme is a direct rip of Diablo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AndrewB: Its not that I hate Dungeon Siege's guts because its a one click combat, its just personal preference
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By AndrewB
    @c0l0nelp0c0rn1: Oh, I know... It's totally personal preference. Seeing your comment, I do wish they had the option.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.