Wtf... why were these rejected

#1 Posted by boko52 (36 posts) -
#2 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

because digimon is an embarrassment to the human race.

#3 Edited by banned8921 (1246 posts) -

Because digimon are species not characters.

example:
Mario is a character
Pikachu is a species of pokemon.
#4 Posted by stucket (238 posts) -
#5 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -
stucket said:
"

LOL,Digimon is cool,just the idea was not FULLY PROPERLY DEVELOPED on.rather sad,

"
it was pretty much pokemon except all cybery.  They just ripped it off when pokemon was popular.
#6 Posted by stucket (238 posts) -

Hmm let me see....yea they ripped off Pokemon,

Pokemon Release-1995
Digimon   Release-1999

So yea...they ripped it off,but i find some of Digimon music beautiful,if only they continued the ways of Digimon1.....it wont become like pokemon

POKEMON IS like so.....Every Episode is the say, Team rocket comes,blast them off,Perhaps blast them off again,not nice to watch when it is happening over and over again

#7 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

Check your emails (And your spam folder) for the official reason, because reasons get sent to your email, but i can guarantee you that it's because they're not characters, they're species, which makes them a concept page rather than a character page.

#8 Posted by stucket (238 posts) -

Good point,matt

#9 Posted by Giantkitty (808 posts) -

Just a stab in the dark, it wasn't because of plagiarism reasons?

#10 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
stucket said:
"Hmm let me see....yea they ripped off Pokemon,

Pokemon Release-1995
Digimon   Release-1999

So yea...they ripped it off,but i find some of Digimon music beautiful,if only they continued the ways of Digimon1.....it wont become like pokemon

POKEMON IS like so.....Every Episode is the say, Team rocket comes,blast them off,Perhaps blast them off again,not nice to watch when it is happening over and over again"
Pokemon- 1995- Gameboy Games
Digimon- 1996- Tomagotchi for boys

Entirely seperate/different concepts.
#11 Posted by boko52 (36 posts) -

ah ok il have to redo them as concepts then, ty also there was no ofical reason sent

#12 Edited by LCad (269 posts) -
ArchScabby said:
it was pretty much pokemon except all cybery.  They just ripped it off when pokemon was popular.
I can see how someone would think that from just looking at the merchandising part of Digimon.  It was really poorly done and made it come off exactly like that.  However, if you've seen like... one episode of the anime, they're quite different.  I take offense to people who write it off as a "ripoff" of Pokemon, because the show is actually entertaining and good unlike Pokemon's.
#13 Edited by Kyle (2325 posts) -

It's because digimon are not characters, they are species, which means that they need concept pages, not character pages.

Also, The digimon show was based on the game Digimon world, which was based on the digimon keychain thingys which came out before pokemon. So really it had it's own thing going on, it wasn't really a ripoff. Really the only two things that Digimon and Pokemon have in common is the suffix "mon", and kids with monsters, both of which digimon did first.

#14 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I personally liked Digimon. :D

#15 Posted by KamasamaK (2409 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"I personally liked Digimon. :D"
I kind of liked it as well...at least more than Pokemon. But it was airing around the time I outgrew that stuff, so I didn't see a whole lot.
#16 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

I know.  I made a "Shoopadoop" concept page and it was rejected despite there being an article on this site where the RZA coins the phrase.  Bunch of Nazis moderating this stuff.

#17 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Plus, the only reason you'd want these accepted are to get points. Can you think of anyone who would go to this site who actually wants this information, especially for it to be on separate pages.

#18 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -
Red said:
"Plus, the only reason you'd want these accepted are to get points. Can you think of anyone who would go to this site who actually wants this information, especially for it to be on separate pages."
We're trying to be a complete gaming encyclopedia here at giant bomb. Nothing is too insignificant to go into the wiki.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.