Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dinner Date

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 01, 2011

A game from indie developer Stout Games in which the player inhabits the mind of Julian Luxembourg as he is being stood up on a date.

Dinner Date, video game?

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Jackel2072

so browsing though Steam. i came across a game called Dinner Date, in the game you get to experience the thought process of a man who gets stood up. the game judging by the trailer seems a little like dear ester, it seems to be more of an art piece then a game. you dont really do much other then listen to a inner monologue and eat soup from what i gather. Strange and interesting idea. its 4.99 and in the description for the game it self. says it last's about 25 mins. Has anyone played this? or what do you guys think of this less interactive\more social commentary type of game? 

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By IkariNoTekken

Yeah I've played it, was a while ago though. From what I remember it was a fairly interesting look at our thought patterns; having doubts, false reasoning etc. Maybe worth a look.

I tend to like some of the limited interaction experiences if they're are done well.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By mesklinite

@Jackel2072: It was interesting. I really appreciated the all the questioning, doubting, etc... makes you reflect on what you live and how you react sometimes. Short though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's really interesting and it's a it too interactive to be just a means of telling a story, yet not really a game either.

I quite enjoyed it though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.