Dino Crisis Collection

#1 Posted by ApeGantz (217 posts) -

Why the hell not? DC 1 and 2 could be possibly remade for next generation of systems. Of course it would take awhile to create this but if a lot of people found interest in it, then why not?

Anyway what do you guys think about this? I enjoyed both games even if I never ended them when I was younger.

#2 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Only if it has all 3.

#3 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

The only thing I recall about Dino Crisis is that my 14-year old self thought the chick in the first game had a nice ass and dinosaurs jumping through windows.

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

THat would be the one Collection I would buy. 

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Damn it. I knew it. I knew this what this thread was gonna be: somebody asking for the game instead of announcement of said game.

#6 Posted by AlisterCat (5722 posts) -

PS1 games cannot be upscaled in the same way PS2 games can.

#7 Posted by VierasTalo (933 posts) -

I love Dino Crisis 2. The most fun I've ever had comboing it up in videogames.

#8 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

This is true.

So I would just like a brand new game running on the MT Framework.

#9 Posted by bibamatt (1090 posts) -

I'd say the best you'll get are PSone releases of the first two games on the PSN store. They'd look like ass with an HD remake. Unless they remade them like they did Resident Evil on the Gamecube? I'd LOVE the shit out of that, but I don't think Dino Crisis has enough of a fanbase to warrant a job that big.

#10 Posted by Welding (148 posts) -

Dino Crisis 2 is a friggin' amazing game!

1 is a pretty good Resident Evil clone. Velociraptors are still ten times scarier than zombies.

#11 Posted by Redbullet685 (6084 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

This is basically why you don't see MGS1 in the MGS HD Collection and SH1 in the Silent Hill HD Collection.

I doubt a Dino Crisis HD Collection will happen. And how many people remember these games anyway?

#12 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1857 posts) -

@Redbullet685 said:

@AlisterCat said:

This is basically why you don't see MGS1 in the MGS HD Collection and SH1 in the Silent Hill HD Collection.

I doubt a Dino Crisis HD Collection will happen. And how many people remember these games anyway?

I do, and that's more than enough for me.

#13 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

only played 2 , would love 2 and 3 in HD

or a new game/setting

#14 Posted by killacam (1278 posts) -

question regarding eventual PSN purchase decision: DC1, 2, or both?

#15 Posted by Stealthmaster86 (682 posts) -

Would love to see Dino Crisis make a comeback.

#16 Posted by jking47 (1248 posts) -

Would be more excited for a remake than a shitty HD job.

#17 Posted by JackSukeru (5964 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

The only thing I recall about Dino Crisis is that my 14-year old self thought the chick in the first game had a nice ass and dinosaurs jumping through windows.

The only thing I remember about Dino Crisis (2) is that I grinded this big dinosaur using a flamethrower 'cause you got enough points to buy more ammo for it and come out with a nice profit. Also Mega T-rex, Dylan's daughter from the future, guy in a cowboy hat shooting rockets at a regular T-rex, door opening and ladder climbing scenes and overgrown labs filled with velociraptors.

I remember waaay too much about Dino Crisis.

#18 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Redbullet685 said:

@AlisterCat said:

Kinda not true as emulators can force PS1 games to render at a high res and they benefit greatly from it. No idea why they didn't include MGS1 on the disc.

Heck PS3 upscales PS1 games from disc / off PSN pretty well so really they should be in the collections. Of course the drop in quality compared to PS2 games will be much larger but they still should be in there.

#19 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -

A remake like the RE remake for gamecube.

#20 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Both Dino Crisis 1 and 2 are on PSN. So play it on your PSP/VITA or just on the PS3. They'd have to remake the entire game for a collection and a 6 hour single player game isn't going to cause them to invest in that. Simply reboot it if anything. Maybe Dinosaurs will make a comeback.

#21 Posted by Deathmachine117 (376 posts) -

I wonder why Capcom really hasnt rebooted this series ? Did the originals sell well ? And do well critically ?

I am mainly referring to the first two because I am only guessing here but Id say the third ones dreadful.

#22 Posted by Slag (4863 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Damn it. I knew it. I knew this what this thread was gonna be: somebody asking for the game instead of announcement of said game.

#23 Posted by JasonR86 (9724 posts) -

@ApeGantz:

It would take to much money and man hours to remake one and two because, being as how they are PS1 games, they would have to be completely remade top to bottom. That would never happen for a franchise that very few people still care about.

#24 Posted by Zidd (1857 posts) -

I don't think anyone can get away with releasing a game with tank controls in this day and age.

#25 Posted by ApeGantz (217 posts) -

Capcom probably can. Just offer Original controls and new ones. I know this won't happen but I did say remake and that would take a lot of work I know. Hell I'd pay fill retail price for it tho!

I just want a new generation to experience a goddamn action dinosaur game.

#26 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@Zidd said:

I don't think anyone can get away with releasing a game with tank controls in this day and age.

It isn't the controls that are the problem. It is the camera. Resident Evil 4 and 5 had the same tank controls they just gave you an over the shoulder camera.

#27 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

Every, freaking, time I am reminded of this game, I remember this: 

#28 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

Why not just get out your old systems?

#29 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2132 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

Why not just get out your old systems?

Because it would be nice to play a version that doesn't require them. Simple as that mate.

Also I really should flag ambiguous threads like these more often, but I'm not sure if moderators are okay with these thread titles that would make me waste my flags. Almost as bad as threads with titles with an incomplete sentence and ellipses.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.