Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DiRT 2

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 08, 2009

DIRT 2 is part of the long-running rally-racing-series from Codemasters.

A series that forgot about its roots?

leslieprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By leslieprentice

As a fan of rally and Colin McRae I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the direction Codemasters have taken with this franchise. There is no denying the quality of both DiRT and DiRT 2, but Colin McRae was all about rallying, it was his life. Although he tried other off road motorsports, rallying is what he is remembered for. I feel the game series should serve as a homage to his background in rallying, not all these other off road motorsports.  I am in no way anti buggy racing etc but I just sort of feel the game has forgotten where it came from, it appears rallying is now playing second fiddle in the series to other motorsports and the developers have forgotten about their roots in a bid to make more money and sell more copies in the US, hence dropping Colin McRae from the title. Anyone else feel the sameway?

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SamStrife

Rallying has evolved, so the game has had to evolve with it, that's just the way things go.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By tebbit

It's still Colin McRae: Dirt 2 in Europe. so i'm still appeased.

JamesK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By JamesK
    @leslieprentice said:

" As a fan of rally and Colin McRae I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the direction Codemasters have taken with this franchise. There is no denying the quality of both DiRT and DiRT 2, but Colin McRae was all about rallying, it was his life. Although he tried other off road motorsports, rallying is what he is remembered for. I feel the game series should serve as a homage to his background in rallying, not all these other off road motorsports.  I am in no way anti buggy racing etc but I just sort of feel the game has forgotten where it came from, it appears rallying is now playing second fiddle in the series to other motorsports and the developers have forgotten about their roots in a bid to make more money and sell more copies in the US, hence dropping Colin McRae from the title. Anyone else feel the sameway? "

Totally agree with you. Wish there was an official World Rally Championship game on the 360.
    Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Liber

So you say that they should have left out all the cool awsome offroad buggy races and stick only to the rally ?  that would make Dirt2 to a less better game.

I mean , the game is fucking 5/5 awsome , and it has his name on it ... whats wrong with that ?

junglistgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By junglistgamer

At first I was a little disappointed by the decreased focus on rallying in Dirt 2, even compared to Dirt, but the quality of the handling model made most of the events a lot of fun, the only exception for me are the gatecrasher races which I really don't care for. In my idealised version of Dirt, they'd drop those races in favour of more rally stages. 

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By 234r2we232

Maybe they should have just called it Ken Block's DiRT?

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Jackel2072

and it looks like dirt 3 is going more back to the games roots. 60% off all the events in the game are rally and they brought group b into the mix. so im happy. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.