Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DiRT 2

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 08, 2009

DIRT 2 is part of the long-running rally-racing-series from Codemasters.

Fun demo.. but where is the game?

Avatar image for myhandleongiantbomb
    myhandleongiantbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have had a blast playing this demo for the past month or so, but when the big release day came I must say my excitement dulled quickly. Not a single store has it in stock and they don't know when they will. Did Codemasters manage to drop the ball on this?

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By torus

Gamestop (or your local game store) does not know when this game is coming out, because they are incompetant. YOU don't know when this game is coming out, because YOU are incompetant. I'll help you. 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DiRT+2+release+date+wikipedia  

Avatar image for myhandleongiantbomb
    myhandleongiantbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, really classy with the lmgtfy link. Do you really think I would have written this if I didn't know that the release date was yesterday? All of the stores in the area have not received it and don't know why. This includes Best Buy, Wal Mart, Target, etc. The game seems to be missing in action.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

am i the only one who finds those rally cars out of control and you have to keep braking like a cunt or else they would keep sliding and crashing ?

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Babble
    @myhandleongiantbomb said:
    " Oh, really classy with the lmgtfy link. Do you really think I would have written this if I didn't know that the release date was yesterday? All of the stores in the area have not received it and don't know why. This includes Best Buy, Wal Mart, Target, etc. The game seems to be missing in action. "
    Some games you can't buy right on the release date, which is often really just the ship date to stores.
    Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Th3_James
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " am i the only one who finds those rally cars out of control and you have to keep braking like a cunt or else they would keep sliding and crashing ? "
    Try playing with a racing wheel with force feedback :P you'll be fucked then. Maybe you are just bad at racing games
    Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Th3_James

Got it, but from a friend who works at a toys r us. dunno if it is on shelves, but it certainly has shipped places

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Ahmad_Metallic: It's tough but you'll get used to the driving mechanics after a few (terrible) races. Still have to keep braking like a cunt though. But a better cunt!
    Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Th3_James
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic: It's tough but you'll get used to the driving mechanics after a few (terrible) races. Still have to keep braking like a cunt though. But a better cunt! "
    I always change the car to my personal driving prefferance, i find that it helps a hell of alot to be able to adjust ride height, breaking, steering

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.