Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DiRT 2

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 08, 2009

DIRT 2 is part of the long-running rally-racing-series from Codemasters.

So hows everyone liking it?

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoelTGM

It's been out for a few days and there's not been much talk about it lately, so how's everyone liking dirt 2 so far?

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Jackel2072

kinda boring and i hate all the x games BS. i wish they kept the game a strait up rally racer... but nothing else to do until ODST comes out

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Th3_James

I wish i could just select what type of racing i want, like just rally.... i dont want to do rally raid or offroad truck shit, i played alot of that in the original, i like it.....but i am playing with just the racing wheel, and i want to have fast and intense racing

Damn, the wheel took me a little bit of time to get used to, and i changed my ride height and all that other shit to suit my play style

the x-games is okay, but not really needed in this rally game. All these cross over people like dave mirra, and travis pastrami and x games shit is stupid IMO
    Rally should not be in stadiums and shit

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187
    Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Expletive

The demo seemed interesting, but racing gamely especially off road racing games is the the one genre I am just abysmal at.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By get2sammyb

I really like it. I had the review code about 2 weeks ago and it's been agonising waiting to play online. I'm back off holiday now so I'm looking forward to playing online with folks.

I really, really, really enjoyed the singleplayer. The handling is a fun mix of arcade-and-sim racing, the pacing and presentation is top notch and the graphics are great.

So yeah. I love it. Looking forward to playing online now.

JellyFish_Gsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JellyFish_Gsus

I am loving this game, The Colin McRae Tribute video after the Colin McRae Challenge is a nice touch.

Mr_Bauer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Mr_Bauer

I'm loving it alot, a total blast to play online with friends which is what I've been doing pretty much, though the one thing that drives me crazy, is that in that first straightaway/turn in the beginning, everyone is gunning to get out in front, and everybody wrecks each other and 2 or 3 people usually get through while everyone else gets wiped out and tries to play catch up. Every single race that happens, it's never different. I hate that.

It's why I honestly prefer the point-to-point races where everybody starts at the exact same time, and when you have your co-driver giving you directions and stuff, granted yes you can still wreck yourself, but don't have to worry about wrecking into somebody else in it. And as much as I love playing this, and I really do like it alot. I must admit I am basically playing this to tide me over till ODST comes out next week.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pweidman

Liking it....it looks absolutely stunning.  Best looking racing game I've ever played.  Anyway, this game is NOT a sim.   But it is still fun and not pure arcade either, more of a blend like the PGR games.  The opponent AI is a little too aggressive; you really have to beat and bang often in the free races.  Very fun regardless.  Codies really went for the X Games style in the game, so only cross discipline racers are in the game, but they're not too annoying....certainly not as bad as Pastrana was in DiRT.

Now....if I could have it my way, like some have said above, it would have been so cool if at least one portion of the game was just pure rally, with the real cars and tracks and drivers.  If Sony owns WRC, OK fine,  then just emulate the burgeoning US rally series........but I miss the old McRae games too,  that were all about the pure sport of rally racing.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By jkz

Out of curiosity, do you guys think its worth running out and buying it now, or waiting 'till the 15th and buying SHiFT? 

Shoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Shoki
    @jukezypoo: 
    I am really digging the Grid/Dirt 2 combo for racing fun. I even sold my copy of Shift and canceled my pre-orders of Forza3 and GT5. The Forza 3 demo felt so flat. I hope GT5 is up to snuff but I am worried that it wont be. I would rather trade in some reality for some exciting racing. The rewind feature is an obvious winner even the sim like Forza 3 features it prominently.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Milkman

I love it. Best racing game since Forza 2. The cockpit mode is absolutely incredible. It makes me wish I was better at playing like that.

Tornac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By Tornac

It's a great game. It's miles ahead of the first game in terms of quality, and it's currently my favorite racing game of this generation, behind Forza Motorsport 3, of course.

orshick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By orshick

Not that I was anticipating this game, but it's a disappointment after all the praise it received. The car physics are way out of whack, like you'll spin out really hard when you're driving really slowly, and the cars just have a really heavy, sloggish feel to them. I feel sorry for all the stars they voice-recorded for this game, because the stuff they randomly say to you is just super boring/generic. And this probably doesn't apply to most of you, but since I bought it on PC, the performance is really poor and I had to get it all the way down to get it anywhere near decent frame rate, and that's on a PC that I run Modern Warfare 2 on at full graphical settings. I could say "at least it only cost me $10," but that's $10 down the drain. I could have gotten a roti and still had three bucks left over on that money!

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By plop1920

I enjoyed it. I got mine for free with my radeon 5870, but I dont think I would have payed for it. Mostly because racing isn't really my genre, its a pretty fun game though
    s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By s7evn

8 month bump...really?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.