Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DiRT 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 24, 2011

Dirt 3 is the latest installment in Codemasters' long-running Colin McRae Rally franchise. The game returns to the series' rally roots with dynamic weather, a career focusing on team-based racing, as well as introducing the freestyle event: Gymkhana.

Dirt 3 grip reducer

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Someone has made a tool for the PC Version of Dirt 3 that reduces the grip to whatever you choose, I have founf 85% is the sweet spot, which makes the cars handle much more realistically. You now have to employ real life rally techniques like turning in early and countersteering, the rear end is much more satisfying like this. Definitely worth trying out if you are like me and think there is too much grip in tthe default game. 

Link: http://www.dirt2-tools.110mb.com/download.html 

It's the first download. It has a button that lets you return the grip levels to default so you can play multiplayer easier. I've found you need to knock down the difficullty a bit, I've been having competitive rally stages on 3 when I normally play at  or 5. Rally cross the AI dn't seem to be as fast, 4 is fine for me with them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.