Does Dirt 3 offer proper rally career like Colin McRae?

#1 Posted by H7O (42 posts) -
Does Dirt 3 offer proper rally mode (i.e. rally career, seasons, ranking, etc..), or just bits and pieces tossed in between other motorstorm / destruction derby style modes? 

#2 Posted by mfpantst (2651 posts) -
@H7O: YO THIS GAME IS ALL ABOUT BREAKING SHIT.  IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT GET THE FUCK OUT.
#3 Posted by proggykins (143 posts) -

There are rally races in the career mode, but you also do trailblazer, landrush, gymkhana, etc. 

So.. no.

#4 Posted by H7O (42 posts) -
@proggykins:  
thanks, will you at least get to play the rally races without being forced to play the other modes? Or at some point you have to play other modes to unlock new rally races?
#5 Posted by proggykins (143 posts) -
@H7O:  
It seems like a majority, if not all of the courses are available from the start of the game. I'm pretty sure you just have to play the Dirt Tour to unlock cars and liveries.
#6 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1539 posts) -
@mfpantst said:
@H7O: YO THIS GAME IS ALL ABOUT BREAKING SHIT.  IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT GET THE FUCK OUT.

Stay in grade school kid, you'll eventually grow up.
#7 Posted by AlexW00d (6548 posts) -
@H7O:  For me the majority of events have been Rally so far. Trailblazer is basically rally with 800hp cars. The other 3 events are probably skippable except for certain end of set  races and special ones. 

It's nothing like the Colin McRae games of 7 or so years ago in that you partake in a WRC like event, but it is still a bloody good game.
#8 Posted by Chaser324 (6909 posts) -

Just know that at certain points in the career, you are forced to do gymkhana.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.