Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DiRT 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 24, 2011

Dirt 3 is the latest installment in Codemasters' long-running Colin McRae Rally franchise. The game returns to the series' rally roots with dynamic weather, a career focusing on team-based racing, as well as introducing the freestyle event: Gymkhana.

Doin' it all for the Fuel, and other nonsense that makes sense.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By GreggD

So yeah, gonna address that title right off the bat. I'm about four years late to the Codemasters party, but I picked up a copy of GRID and FUEL each for about the price of a new Blu-Ray. Or a TV-on-DVD box set. Let's say ballpark...around 25 dinero. Give or take.

ANYWAY, so yeah those two. GRID is great, and in fact I actually had the opportunity to buy it twice for not much more than the initial price. Five bucks on Steam AND it went to charity. Pretty good deal, all things considered.

But getting to the crux of the title, FUEL. That game...is addictive as hell. Just wandering the wasteland on nothing but an ATV, searching for barrels of fuel. Non-descript fuel. OH LOOK! THERE'S A CLUSTER OF FOUR! *bump* So much fun. Oh yeah, and the events are cool, too.

DiRT 3. I've been chronicling the DLC on offer through my Youtube account, so check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TrIp13G?feature=mhee

Today they released the Shibuya tracks under the name X-Games Asia Track Pack. Very good rallycross track, though a rehash from DiRT 2. And I would've preferred the Malaysia rally stage, honestly.

On the Rock Band side of things, the Yes track pack came out today for RB3, and it's kinda hard. But so much fun. Get it, if you like good prog-rock and play Rock Band 3.

So that's it for now. Maybe I'll write something more in the near future, if anyone actually wants me to. -Gregg

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By GreggD

So yeah, gonna address that title right off the bat. I'm about four years late to the Codemasters party, but I picked up a copy of GRID and FUEL each for about the price of a new Blu-Ray. Or a TV-on-DVD box set. Let's say ballpark...around 25 dinero. Give or take.

ANYWAY, so yeah those two. GRID is great, and in fact I actually had the opportunity to buy it twice for not much more than the initial price. Five bucks on Steam AND it went to charity. Pretty good deal, all things considered.

But getting to the crux of the title, FUEL. That game...is addictive as hell. Just wandering the wasteland on nothing but an ATV, searching for barrels of fuel. Non-descript fuel. OH LOOK! THERE'S A CLUSTER OF FOUR! *bump* So much fun. Oh yeah, and the events are cool, too.

DiRT 3. I've been chronicling the DLC on offer through my Youtube account, so check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TrIp13G?feature=mhee

Today they released the Shibuya tracks under the name X-Games Asia Track Pack. Very good rallycross track, though a rehash from DiRT 2. And I would've preferred the Malaysia rally stage, honestly.

On the Rock Band side of things, the Yes track pack came out today for RB3, and it's kinda hard. But so much fun. Get it, if you like good prog-rock and play Rock Band 3.

So that's it for now. Maybe I'll write something more in the near future, if anyone actually wants me to. -Gregg

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Picked up "I've seen All Good People" and "Owner of a Lonely Heart". Will probably pick up a few of the others once I have a few more bucks to throw around.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FourWude

Doing it all for the fuel

That's what Bush said....

.... Hey Yooo!!

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mikemcn

Why hasn't there been an Open world mad max esque game where you drive around looking for fuel?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GreggD

@Mikemcn said:

Why hasn't there been an Open world mad max esque game where you drive around looking for fuel?

That's what FUEL is, dude. Take a look at it, sometime, it's awesome. Unless you're being sarcastic, I honestly don't know.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mikemcn
    @GreggD

@Mikemcn said:

That's what FUEL is, dude. Take a look at it, sometime, it's awesome. Unless you're being sarcastic, I honestly don't know.

I think I played the fuel demo, Game is huge! But kinda empty
    GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GreggD

@Mikemcn: Kinda empty...except for all that fuel, bro.

loopy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#8  Edited By loopy_101

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GreggD

@loopy_101: Get the fuck outta my blog, asshole.

<3 you, Lou.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By slowbird

I was afraid of this. I'm going to have to buy all the DLC for Dirt 3 to get my favorite tracks from Dirt 2. Damn it.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GreggD

@slowbird: I dunno about that, the only one they've brought out that was a throwback was Shibuya. The last one, Monte Carlo, was completely new to the series.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By slowbird

@GreggD: What I meant by that is that for every DLC track they release that came from Dirt 2, I'll have to buy it. Also, this game needs more tracks as it is. These should've come with the game.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GreggD

@slowbird: I can understand that point of view. I had plenty of fun as it was, but I do admit there wasn't much variety in scenery, considering Finland and Michigan look almost identical in geographical makeup and aesthetic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.