Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DiRT 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 24, 2011

Dirt 3 is the latest installment in Codemasters' long-running Colin McRae Rally franchise. The game returns to the series' rally roots with dynamic weather, a career focusing on team-based racing, as well as introducing the freestyle event: Gymkhana.

Head tracking on PC

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By warxsnake

I love this game. Played 100hrs in Dirt 2 and I'll probably spend more in Dirt 3.  

On PC, if you have a TrackIR device, the first person view unlocks tracking axes such as Yaw, Pitch, Roll, Z depth, X lateral, and Y height. It worked really well on Dirt 2 and it's pretty much the same here. For people looking for maximum immersion, try it out. I'm also running it in Nvidia 3D, it's technically not supported so you have to turn off Ambient Occlusion for your eyes not to explode.  
    This is something I never understood on consoles. Since both the Kinect and Playstation Eye exist now, why don't they use those devices to track your head movements for racing games? There's people out there with relatively simple third-party hacks that enable the tracking on those devices, however they are hooked up to a PC.   

Anyway enjoy 

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Franstone

Nice run!
    I use TrackIR as well, just haven't tried in Gymkhana yet.
    I wish I had a different desk so I could fit a nice racing wheel like the G27, that would be amazing...

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By emem
    @warxsnake: At the beginning I thought you lost it, all that spinning.. :) But I have to say it looks really impressive and very nice driving as well. 

I might have to look into getting such a device some day, seems to be worth it. Thanks for sharing.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By AlexW00d

Man I can't tell if that would make me all kinds of dizzy or not. But it's pretty cool. 

And yeah, very good run.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.