Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DiRT 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 24, 2011

Dirt 3 is the latest installment in Codemasters' long-running Colin McRae Rally franchise. The game returns to the series' rally roots with dynamic weather, a career focusing on team-based racing, as well as introducing the freestyle event: Gymkhana.

The achievements for GFWL version of this game seem borked.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By granderojo

I got all Plats and didn't receive DC Gold. Also have done self preservation society multiple times and never received it. 

Anyone else had this problem on PC?

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3  Edited By granderojo
    @billnyethesciencepie: The game uses GFWL not Steam, I have no choice.
    Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Wuddel
    @billnyethesciencepie said:
    You're using GFWL and not steam, so thats your first problem
    Well, this game just does not have the steamworks hooks. Even yif you buy it through steam (which I did) it still uses GFWL.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By AlexW00d

GFWL is a piece of shit that's why. 

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By BawlZINmotion

I had this issue with the "New Wheels" DLC achievement. Actually it initially unlock, but vanished the next time I went to play. It has since never come back and is not unlockable when attempting a repeat. Come to think of it, I had the exact same problem in Dirt 2 with "Mix It Up!" and "With Great Honor". Both of which unlocked, then vanished a short time later. Strangely enough, "Mix It Up!" reappeared down the road and has since stuck around. 

I have no idea. That's the PC for you in the 2011 game industry. Take your money, then leave you alone. Happy or not. At least Codemasters seems to have done a great job with the Dirt series on PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.