This trailer is so ridiculous!

#1 Posted by Marz (5658 posts) -

Yet it is so awesome at the same time.   

Haven't played the series since the first game but damn this is getting insane.

#2 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

"Take a dump on the face of common sense!"

#3 Posted by KarlHungus (125 posts) -

Well it certainly is nothing....
ALSO: "An *adjective* *noun*"

#4 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

This trailer is actually making me want to buy the game.

#5 Posted by Marz (5658 posts) -

I actually want a Prinny baseball cap.

#6 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4630 posts) -

I've been waiting for this game forever and this trailer makes me even more excited. It's like they sat the entire team down in one giant room, gave them an assortment of the most hardcore drugs you could imagine, and said 'go nuts.'

And guess what? they did and it looks fucking awesome.

#7 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

Roger Ebert can fuck off. This is art.

#8 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

Look awesome.  I'm looking forward to it!

#9 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

How very NIS. Glad they still get to be crazy, but I continue to not want to play their games.

#10 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

Manly Fancy!!

#11 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -

A PILE OF DUDES KEPT HITTING A BAD GUY UNTIL HE WENT FACE FIRST INTO THE FUCKING MOON.

I'm getting this.

#12 Posted by Enigma777 (6076 posts) -
I love the enthusiasm in the announcement's voice. I should probably finish D2 in preparation for this...
#13 Posted by EuanDewar (5029 posts) -

Yep, thats Disgaea.

#14 Posted by EthanML (455 posts) -

What's the best version/platform if I'm looking to get in on this series for the first time?

#15 Posted by Marz (5658 posts) -
@EthanML said:
What's the best version/platform if I'm looking to get in on this series for the first time?
Disgaea has primarily been on playstation consoles, although the first game was ported to DS as well.  I'd say grab the DS or PSP version of the first game, unless you want to play it on the couch, then grab the PS2 version.   I've not played 2 or 3 so i can't say if they are quality products.   Disgaea 3 and 4 seem to only be playstation 3 exclusives at this time.
#16 Posted by Icemael (6339 posts) -

That is an awesome trailer.

#17 Posted by Chop (1999 posts) -

The only way they can convince me to play more Disgaea is by giving Captain Gordan & Thursday their own game. 

#18 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON! I've played a bit of the first game but I don't remember anything as crazy as building a tower of people to uppercut a dude into a moon or riding a sheep with cheesy anime song playing.

Whatever, if Ragna approves then so do I.

#19 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Slaker117 said:
How very NIS.
Not enough pedophilia pandering :|
#20 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

ok this is amazing

#21 Posted by Ramone (2975 posts) -

JAPANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

#22 Posted by miva2 (226 posts) -

GAAAAAAAAAAARHRGH WHY ISN'T MY MONEY COMING ON MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT HGDKUFDIUZAEIYOSNUTYRST

good and awesome trailer, but not worth 50 rewatches like the disgaea3 trailer
the disgaea3 trailer is the most epic trailer i have ever seen. it still gives me the chills

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.