Will Disgaea 4 not look like crap?

#1 Posted by lowercase16 (5 posts) -

I don't consider myself much of graphics whore, but I found Disgaea 3 unplayable because of its blurry, low-rez graphics.

I was so excited to play a PS3 NIS game, too. Maybe that's why it seemed like such cheap corner-cutting.

The screenshots for Disgaea 4 look great, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll look great on a large, high-def TV. Has anyone seen a side-by-side comparison, or played Disgaea 4 already?

#2 Posted by Questionable (619 posts) -

They will be using hi def sprites or so they say....

Im betting it will look comparable if not slightly better than how disgaea 2 looked on a SDtv, they are still using the same engine theyve been using in 2002 afterall

#3 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

It'll still look like crap but I'll still buy it because it's always fun. There's literally nothing else like it coming out anywhere, except the PSP remakes.

#4 Edited by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

#5 Posted by lowercase16 (5 posts) -

Nice comparison, onimonkii!

So it does look pretty nice. Pre-order'd.

#6 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -
@lowercase16:  I played the English version a couple months ago, on what I believe was a 24" HD monitor.  It was a near finished debug build of the game.  

I honestly remember how utterly disappointed I was when I got Disgaea 3, because I got my first HD TV around the same time.  All my other games looked amazing, but not Disgaea 3 :'(  

Anyway, Disgaea 4 looks great and you shouldn't be disappointed!  When I was playing it, I just enjoyed the game and didn't even think about the graphics at all.  Here's the thread of me playing the game:  http://www.giantbomb.com/disgaea-4-a-promise-unforgotten/61-32698/disgaea-4-english-version-man-i-saw-that/35-495742
#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36047 posts) -

You mean it isn't out yet? For some reason, I thought that they've already released it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.