Bug causing someone to die?

#1 Posted by Geurge (96 posts) -

So I'm going for the no kills achievement, and I've tried the first mission, the prison about 4 times now being absolutely stealthy and passive as possible. I haven't touched a single person, not even choked them out, I've just gone around them and yet every time I finish the mission it tells me I've killed 1 person. I have absolutely no idea who it could be.

I started the game over from the prologue in case somehow it was an assassin that counted, and I didn't fight them, so there can't be a kill there. I sneak around everyone in the prison, I made sure that the 2 people in the room where I blow up door survive, I don't touch any thugs in the sewers, and yet still 1 hostile killed.

This happen to anyone else?

#2 Posted by Cchrist (19 posts) -

Same for me, I'm thinking maybe when the bomb goes off?

#3 Posted by EpicSteve (6471 posts) -

I swear I've done some missions without killing anyone including the main target, yet it'll show that I killed guards. Not knowing where that's coming from.

#4 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2682 posts) -

@EpicSteve said:

I swear I've done some missions without killing anyone including the main target, yet it'll show that I killed guards. Not knowing where that's coming from.

The swarms of rats that seem to randomly patrol levels will eat any unconscious corpses they find and count towards your kills.

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Cchrist said:

Same for me, I'm thinking maybe when the bomb goes off?

This. The explosion size is huge. I suggest moving the dudes to to bottom of the stairs. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.