Is this what The Crossing turned into?

#1 Edited by Mikemcn (6940 posts) -

I heard about The Crossing years ago in a Games for WIndows Live magazine article, seemed very cool, but it had similarly steampunk warriors fighting a tyrannical force, only in future Paris.

From the first Dishonored trailer, I sense similar ideas at play, and according to the wiki, Arkane picked up development on The Crossing awhile ago. So is this what it has become?

Near future Paris seemed cooler than steampunk-1800s-ville
Some of the screens however share a certain industrial age style as Dishonored.
#2 Posted by allworkandlowpay (874 posts) -

I'm disappointed that nothing really came of The Crossing. The always on multiplayer and the blending of single player with real player adversaries really seemed revolutionary at the time.

#3 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2203 posts) -

@allworkandlowpay said:

I'm disappointed that nothing really came of The Crossing. The always on multiplayer and the blending of single player with real player adversaries really seemed revolutionary at the time.

Then it turns into something like Brink.

#4 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@SomeDeliCook said:

@allworkandlowpay said:

Then it turns into something like Brink.

*shivers*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.