pc or console?

#1 Posted by Arceion (201 posts) -

how is the pc port of this game? Any pros or cons to playing it on the console? I have a pc that can play most new games, i have everything maxed on BL2. Thanks for any info!

#2 Posted by rolanthas (242 posts) -

It's great. Played around 20 hours, with both kb/m and a gamepad, both work stellar. Performance will probably not be an issue for you, since it's rather light on eye candy. Got a fair amount of graphic options though ( including FoV, if you're into that ). Barely saw any bugs, nor heard / read of one PC specific.

I'd say go for it.

#3 Posted by RubberFactory (288 posts) -

I'm an idiot so I own the game on both PC and Xbox. Their both good, but definitely go for the PC if you can. The framerate's not so hot on the Xbox version and a lot of the lighting effects aren't as good, the PC version is absolutely gorgeous.

#4 Posted by cclemon36 (180 posts) -

The good thing about the game is that it'll be good on any system you get it on. If graphics performance is your thing you might find this article interesting. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-dishonored-face-off

I was on the fence between ps3 and pc, but after realising that my laptop was able to run it adequately, it was a no-brainer.

#5 Posted by Genkkaku (735 posts) -

The Quicksave/ Quickload system on the PC is super convenient for a game like this.. Plus I dunno about load times off a HDD but off my SSD it's almost instantaneous..

#6 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

It's not a "port" as far as I know. They were developed across all platforms jointly, in house; even allowing developers with a preference for one system to work on that version. So, technically the PC version is better in all ways, and if you have a PC that has decent specs you should get it for the PC.

#7 Posted by Arceion (201 posts) -

Thanks duders! Im downloading it from steam right now. Everything I seen about this game looks great, lets just hope I can get into it.

#8 Posted by Yalbit (66 posts) -

@Genkkaku said:

The Quicksave/ Quickload system on the PC is super convenient for a game like this.. Plus I dunno about load times off a HDD but off my SSD it's almost instantaneous..

This is a huge reason why I got the game on PC too, and I am so glad I did. In these stealth games (I'm playing as stealth) I save and load a hell of a lot and having quick load times is very handy. I played Dues Ex on 360 and the load times got really annoying.

Visually it looks great and works great with a 360 controller.

#9 Edited by DharmaBum (1049 posts) -

Plays great with a gamepad, for analog control while perched on a narrow platform, unless you're trying to be a badass ninja you might need the extra hotkeys and rapid mouse swiping for that kind of play. Either way there's a satisfying Mirror's Edge-i-ness to the first-person movement; bending your knees as you land, nice head bob effect while turning, etc.

#10 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

@DharmaBum said:

Plays great with a gamepad, for analog control while perched on a narrow platform, unless you're trying to be a badass ninja like this guy - might need the extra hotkeys and rapid mouse swiping for that kind of play. Either way there's a satisfying Mirror's Edge-i-ness to the first-person movement; bending your knees as you land, nice head bob effect while turning, etc.

You might want to warn people that the link has some spoilers.

#11 Edited by DharmaBum (1049 posts) -

@mordukai: whoops, sorry if I spoiled anything for you. Removed just to be safe.

#12 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

@DharmaBum said:

@mordukai: whoops, sorry if I spoiled anything for you. Removed just to be safe.

Thanks. On any case it's not like I already guessed where the story is going. Dishonored doesn't have as a compelling story as it's settings.

#13 Posted by themangalist (1731 posts) -

For hotkeys alone I'd recommend the pc version. Console versions having to pause a bit to select powers kills immersion greatly.

Also, I have to give them a round of applause for including headbobbing and POV options. For people who get motion sickness, it's a godsend. IF that's your thing too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.