Voice actor for Piero NPC

#1 Edited by Rumpleforeskin (40 posts) -

When I first stumbled upon Piero (the guy in the workshop who sells weapon upgrades), he sure sounded like the creepy, laudanum slangin' doctor from Deadwood.

Come to find out, it actually is Brad Dourif, and I think that is a phenomenal choice to voice that character in the game. I love it!

He was great in Deadwood, and even more sinister-sounding as Piter in Dune!

[EDIT: Any Dune fan (of the movie, anyway) should remember him as the mentat. "It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion." That is some fucking hardcore shit right there]

And thanks to I see that there are lots more voices most of us should recognize in Dishonored. I can't wait to encounter them, I'm really enjoying this game so far.

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (14835 posts) -

@Rumpleforeskin: Wow, that is a pretty decent cast... I can't say I recognized anyone's voices.

#4 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

It's weird to have Princess Leia's apparently steampunk robot heart tell me backstory about the world.

#5 Posted by Wiseblood (645 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

It's weird to have Princess Leia's apparently steampunk robot heart tell me backstory about the world.

The heart is voiced by April Stewart. She also voices the Empress which implies that it's her heart.

#6 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Wiseblood said:

@Ravenlight said:

The heart is voiced by April Stewart. She also voices the Empress which implies that it's her heart.

dofuaerpfoiyasdhfasdnfamvdf

Ahem.

I stand corrected.

#7 Posted by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -

If you're a fan of Brad Dourif, then I highly recommend playing Myst 3 if you haven't already, as he does a pretty awesome job as the FMV antagonist of that game.  There are some genuinely impressive acting bits from him in there.

#8 Posted by Rumpleforeskin (40 posts) -

@JP_Russell said:

If you're a fan of Brad Dourif, then I highly recommend playing Myst 3 if you haven't already, as he does a pretty awesome job as the FMV antagonist of that game. There are some genuinely impressive acting bits from him in there.

I am a fan of his work. I remember the first Myst fondly. Sadly, I haven't played any other than the first entry in the series. Thanks for the recommendation! I for sure will check out Myst 3.

#9 Posted by darkjohnny47 (116 posts) -

Every time I hear Brad Dourif's voice i think of Chucky, and Alien Resurrection. I think he also voices the Outsider in Dishonored.

#10 Posted by Genkkaku (735 posts) -

Yeah bout five minutes after talking it finally hit me and I thought it was perfect casting.. It's defiantly the kind of character he'd play..

Michael Madsen was immediately recognizable, mainly because he's Michael Madsen..

@Wiseblood said:

@Ravenlight said:

Okay so that's awesome..

#11 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1036 posts) -

@darkjohnny47 said:

Every time I hear Brad Dourif's voice i think of Chucky, and Alien Resurrection. I think he also voices the Outsider in Dishonored.

Nope, the Outsider is voiced by Billy Lush, seen recently in the Straw Dogs remake playing Chris.

Count me as a Dourif fan. Proud to have such a talented actor from my neck of the woods.

#12 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

I thought he sounded like Otacon tbh.

#13 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

Brad Dourif is amazing in every rule I've seen him in. My admiration of him started when I first saw him in the X-Files episode Beyond The Sea. Go watch how he steals the show. I also thought he was perfectly cast as Wormtongue.

#14 Posted by BBQBram (2236 posts) -

Yeah he does a great job. I also love Roger from Mad Men (John Slattery) as Havelock.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.