Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dishonored

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

After the Empress is killed, her most loyal bodyguard, Corvo, becomes the prime suspect, and must track down those who murdered his charge and betrayed him in order to enact his bloody revenge.

Voice actor for Piero NPC

Rumpleforeskin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rumpleforeskin

When I first stumbled upon Piero (the guy in the workshop who sells weapon upgrades), he sure sounded like the creepy, laudanum slangin' doctor from Deadwood.

No Caption Provided

Come to find out, it actually is Brad Dourif, and I think that is a phenomenal choice to voice that character in the game. I love it!

He was great in Deadwood, and even more sinister-sounding as Piter in Dune!

[EDIT: Any Dune fan (of the movie, anyway) should remember him as the mentat. "It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion." That is some fucking hardcore shit right there]

And thanks to I see that there are lots more voices most of us should recognize in Dishonored. I can't wait to encounter them, I'm really enjoying this game so far.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

@Rumpleforeskin: Wow, that is a pretty decent cast... I can't say I recognized anyone's voices.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

It's weird to have Princess Leia's apparently steampunk robot heart tell me backstory about the world.

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wiseblood

@Ravenlight said:

It's weird to have Princess Leia's apparently steampunk robot heart tell me backstory about the world.

The heart is voiced by April Stewart. She also voices the Empress which implies that it's her heart.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ravenlight

@Wiseblood said:

@Ravenlight said:

The heart is voiced by April Stewart. She also voices the Empress which implies that it's her heart.

dofuaerpfoiyasdhfasdnfamvdf

Ahem.

I stand corrected.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By JP_Russell

If you're a fan of Brad Dourif, then I highly recommend playing Myst 3 if you haven't already, as he does a pretty awesome job as the FMV antagonist of that game.  There are some genuinely impressive acting bits from him in there.

Rumpleforeskin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rumpleforeskin

@JP_Russell said:

If you're a fan of Brad Dourif, then I highly recommend playing Myst 3 if you haven't already, as he does a pretty awesome job as the FMV antagonist of that game. There are some genuinely impressive acting bits from him in there.

I am a fan of his work. I remember the first Myst fondly. Sadly, I haven't played any other than the first entry in the series. Thanks for the recommendation! I for sure will check out Myst 3.

darkjohnny47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By darkjohnny47

Every time I hear Brad Dourif's voice i think of Chucky, and Alien Resurrection. I think he also voices the Outsider in Dishonored.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Genkkaku

Yeah bout five minutes after talking it finally hit me and I thought it was perfect casting.. It's defiantly the kind of character he'd play..

Michael Madsen was immediately recognizable, mainly because he's Michael Madsen..

@Wiseblood said:

@Ravenlight said:

Okay so that's awesome..

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

@darkjohnny47 said:

Every time I hear Brad Dourif's voice i think of Chucky, and Alien Resurrection. I think he also voices the Outsider in Dishonored.

Nope, the Outsider is voiced by Billy Lush, seen recently in the Straw Dogs remake playing Chris.

Count me as a Dourif fan. Proud to have such a talented actor from my neck of the woods.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By AlexW00d

I thought he sounded like Otacon tbh.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By mordukai

Brad Dourif is amazing in every rule I've seen him in. My admiration of him started when I first saw him in the X-Files episode Beyond The Sea. Go watch how he steals the show. I also thought he was perfectly cast as Wormtongue.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BBQBram

Yeah he does a great job. I also love Roger from Mad Men (John Slattery) as Havelock.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.