What difficulty you playing on?

#1 Posted by Czarpyotr (292 posts) -

Anyone hear anything about the best difficulty?

#2 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

I plan on playing on Normal and then trying missions on the harder difficulty later.

#3 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -

I played through it once on Hard, beat it today actually. I'm going back for an even harder playthrough.

Very Hard + No magic + Ghost + No kills + No upgrades.

It's going to be a bitch.

#4 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -

I'm playing through on normal. It doesn't seem very difficult but man you really have to be careful with the combat. It takes very few hits to empty the life bar.

#5 Posted by david3cm (635 posts) -

@Twitchey: Is that an xbox achievement of some sort or a personal one?

#6 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1383 posts) -
#7 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

I'm playing it on hard, and I'm finding it a bit too easy.

#8 Posted by Sin4profit (2924 posts) -

Any game with a high emphasis on stealth should be played at max difficulty, i find. I played it at the highest difficulty and focused on stealth which made the game fairly easy for the most part but if i was spotted i'd get slaughtered pretty quickly.

#9 Posted by Nightriff (4994 posts) -

I play on easy to get the hang of the mechanics and combat, if I enjoy the game enough I bump up the difficulties, just how I always play games because I prefer to enjoy the story and such and once I get that I bump up the difficulty and can listen to music or a podcast while I play, it keeps me relaxed as harder difficulties can get to me quite quickly.

#10 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

Normal, I don't want the AI acting aggressively until I complete it.

#11 Posted by Genkkaku (735 posts) -

Playing on hard.. and so far it's not to difficult

#12 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

I've beat the game on normal and now I'm playing it on Very Hard mode. I'm not trying to kill anyone, because this time I want the good ending.

#13 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -

@david3cm: There's one for no upgrades, one for no kills, one for not being detected, and one for beating it on very hard. So 4 trophies in one playthrough.

#14 Posted by Demoskinos (14771 posts) -

Very Hard! I mean I'm playing stealth so I shouldn't actually ever have to engage in direct combat so honestly the difficulty should be a moot point for me.

#15 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Played it on normal, didn't have time for hard and I didn't feel like doing easy.

#16 Posted by dudeglove (7758 posts) -

Racked it up to very hard. Still too easy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.