Who cares about Half Life 3?

#1 Edited by Redsox44 (482 posts) -

Haha ok I admit the thread title is bait to get people in here. But seriously I've been waiting for Half Life 3 for a long time, and even if Dishonored isn't very similar in its gameplay mechanics it still looks like it'll fill the hole that the wait for HL3 has left. As far as I know the art director for Dishonored worked on Half Life 2 and it shows. The game itself looks great with lots of interesting mechanics to acheive your goals. The one I'm most excited for is the possession one that I loved in Battlefield 2 modern combat. Anyway here's the new video kinda reminds me of Bioshock too.

#2 Posted by Veektarius (4771 posts) -

I have that Black Death shirt that guy is wearing.

#3 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Meh, it doesn't seem like it's up my alley. It depends on how sandboxy and open world it really is. We'll see.

#4 Posted by ch3burashka (5040 posts) -

The game itself looks cool, but I want HL3 for the story, not the gameplay.

#5 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

I want this so bad. Have it pre-oredered and payed in full already. Seriously can't wait.

#6 Posted by Dagbiker (6966 posts) -

I care about half life 3. but not in the "just got a girl friend way", or the "constantly looking up facts about Sasha Grey, because the more i know about her the more i feel a part of her life" way.

#7 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

I'd never heard of this but my god it seems seriously cool.

#8 Edited by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

People grow up not knowing what Half Life is because the Valve bastards refuse to further develop the IP. They're all into The Sims, microtransactions and shit now.

#9 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

To answer the topic question, I don't. I used to be a huge fan of Half Life but it's been so long that I just kind of don't care anymore. I'm sure I'll get the new game, but it feels like it's more out of obligation than excitement.

#10 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

I need Half Life 3 i would sell my soul for it.

#11 Edited by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@Pinworm45 said:

To answer the topic question, I don't. I used to be a huge fan of Half Life but it's been so long that I just kind of don't care anymore. I'm sure I'll get the new game, but it feels like it's more out of obligation than excitement.

That's sad. But totally warranted and understandable.

Still, nothing but nothing can take the place in my heart of that little anarcho-syndicalist developer's space 1984.
#12 Posted by Village_Guy (2546 posts) -

Ah yes, I've been interested in this since they announced it, as we don't many games these days that promise the ability to play it in full-on stealth.

#13 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I still care about Half-Life 3.

#14 Posted by wjb (1655 posts) -

I still would like a new installment in that world, but I do not care about Half-Life 3 or Episode 3 and what they represent anymore.

#15 Posted by Hugh_Jazz (341 posts) -

Loved both Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah, so I've got high hopes for this.

#16 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it (Dishonoured), mad high hopes. Looks like a supernatural Deus Ex and I'm okay with that.

And yeah, I still really want Half Life 3/Ep. 3, but I'm not excited for it or anything, it's been such a long time with nothing to speak of now, I'm sure when the first trailer comes out I'll change my tune and be pretty hyped, it is Half Life after all.

#17 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

HL 2 came out almost ten years ago. HL3 is going to disappoint as much as Rage did.

#18 Edited by Cubidog1 (221 posts) -

I read the Gameinformer article and the game seems alot like a mix between Bioshock and Skyrim. Oh, and I still want Half Life 3 or whatever Valve will call it to come out. In the time since Half Life 2 Episode 2 came out, Valve has made Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Portal 2, put out lots of updates for Team Fortress 2, announced they're making DOTA 2 and and a new Counter Strike. Still no Half Life 3 though. Thats messed up. And I know where the Borealis is!!! Play Portal 2 if you want to know.

#19 Posted by BormahAl (68 posts) -

I look forward to beating the game without killing a single person. It may sound boring but it will be a challenge.

But on my second play through... Oh my, everyone will die.

#20 Posted by Lady_of_the_patriots (73 posts) -

@CH3BURASHKA: The story of this one actually seems really interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.