Epic Mickey Power of Illusion is going to be awesome

#1 Edited by Jost1 (2077 posts) -

A spiritual sequel to Castle of Illusion? Sign me the fuck up right now

I can't wait, as a Disney fan, SEGA fan, and fan of the original game. This is going to be amazing! I'm looking forward to Epic Mickey 2 as well of course but this has me all a-flutter.

#2 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

How do you think this will end?

#3 Posted by Zereta (1368 posts) -
#4 Posted by PompousDawson (77 posts) -

I know this game won't have the crazy camera issues the first one had. This game will be a hit.

#5 Posted by liako21 (523 posts) -

@PompousDawson: this one is a side scroller. I think you are thinking of the xbox/wii/ps3 versions.

#6 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

The stylus of illusions

#7 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

@TentPole said:

How do you think this will end?

With some credits and a thank you for playing message.

#8 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I recalled they said the same about the first one, you know the one that was kinda meh.

#9 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

@Hizang said:

I recalled they said the same about the first one, you know the one that was kinda meh.

I think you're talking about a completely different game, the 3D one. This is Power of Illusion

#10 Posted by csl316 (8765 posts) -

Loved World of Illusion, this one has to deliver, it just has to

#11 Posted by bobafettjm (1504 posts) -

Man I am really excited to get this game. Castle of Illusion is still a game that I like to go back to and play, so an updated version sounds great to me.

#12 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

@Hizang said:

I think you're talking about a completely different game, the 3D one. This is Power of Illusion

Oh sorry, I assumed this was Epic Mickey two, my mistake.

#13 Posted by Hailinel (24968 posts) -

Some of my friends and I played a demo fro this game at PAX. It was the highlight of the show for one of them. This is probably her one must-have game for the holidays.

#14 Posted by BeachThunder (11989 posts) -

I'm tentatively interested in this; it definitely seems better than the other Mickey game anyway.

#15 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

The 3D in this game is excellent, it features some of the best uses of it so far.

#16 Posted by 49th (2765 posts) -

I hope it does turn out to be good, from what I've seen it looks a little too easy.

#17 Posted by liako21 (523 posts) -

agree, i hope there is some challenge in the platforming..pfff but unfortunately i dont think so :(

#18 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -
#19 Posted by liako21 (523 posts) -

i enjoyed the demo, but all the reviews i have been reading say the game is so so. not really all that impressive.

#20 Posted by JCGamer (663 posts) -

The drawing/erasing part of the game, while seemingly interesting on paper, is kind of dull and repetitive at least in the demo. Was excited for a bit-but after playing the demo seems like a game that I buy when it's on massive discount.

#21 Posted by BBQBram (2238 posts) -

The quick look was dissapointing as I thought the implementation of the drawing seemed hamfisted, and the actual puzzles it solves seemed run-of-the-mill. However, I'm a sucker for classic Disney characters and I looove the art style, so...maybe?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.