Epic Mickey, conceptualised in 2002 by Sean Famous Vanaman

#1 Edited by I_smell (3924 posts) -

I watched the trailer for Epic Mickey today, and it reminded me that there was a really cool episode of The Idle Thumbs Podcast a long time ago where Sean Famous Vanaman talked about his time at Disney. It's not really a hugely known story; it's about how Epic Mickey happened, over many years, and how the resurgance of Oswald The Lucky Rabbit is kind-of down to a bunch of 20-year-old interns.

Sean Vanaman and Jake Videogames Rodkin in this podcast are both working on The Walking Dead right now, and Chris Boost Remo is at Double Fine. I clipped out the story here:

The image glitches out after a few seconds cos I suck, maybe I'll fix it later :/

Anyway: Really neat story. Thought I'd share it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.