Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Disney Epic Mickey

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Nov 30, 2010

Oswald the Rabbit and Mickey Mouse battle it out in Warren Spector's re-imagining of Walt Disney's universe in Epic Mickey.

Pixar helping with Epic Mickey!

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mushir
    Source

Imagine Pixar making the CG cutscenes for this game. Holy shit!
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

CG cutscenes don't really affect the quality of a game, so this news is eh.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Still pretty cool that there taking it up to that level of quality.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ryanwho
    @Snail said:
    " CG cutscenes don't really affect the quality of a game, so this news is eh. "
    Sure they do. Good CG scenes serve your reward center. Since you accomplish literally nothing playing a game, good CG scenes can be a good way to reward a player. If the actual gameplay is the cake, great in between cutscenes are the icing.
    Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zajtalan

why cant this be for ps3/360!!??

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Snail
    @ryanwho: That is a shitty theory.
    Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mushir
    @Snail said:
    " @ryanwho: That is a shitty theory. "
    I am sorry but I agree with Ryan. In SSBB the CG cutscenes were one the main reasons I even bothered to play through the single player mode. Same goes with Tekken: DR. There I have all the characters from the beginning. But those awesome CG cutscenes made playing through the Story Mode with every single character worth it.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ryanwho
    @Snail said:
    Not a theory. Plenty of people slog through shitty RPGs for cutscenes. Its awesome that you don't do it, but you only speak for yourself and if you're looking for a reason not to like this game you can do better than "look at me everyone I don't care about this" comments.
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EvilTwin

I'm not prone to hyperbole, but I think we can now safely call this the game of the forever.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By AgentJ

That is pretty awesome. Mickey in Pixar 3D. That is definitely a selling point. 

lolwot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By lolwot

deleted

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Snail
    @ryanwho: Dude seriously.

When I play a game I barely care about the quality of the cutscenes. It is not a reward. The reward is completing the level. The cutscene is just something that usually comes with that.

@Twilight said:
    " @Snail said:
    I am sorry but I agree with Ryan. In SSBB the CG cutscenes were one the main reasons I even bothered to play through the single player mode. Same goes with Tekken: DR. There I have all the characters from the beginning. But those awesome CG cutscenes made playing through the Story Mode with every single character worth it. "

What? So the cutscenes matter to you the most in games where the story matters less. I find this reply laughable. Seriously. And there are games such as Shadow the Hedgehog that are plain awful but have well done cutscenes. The cutscenes in that game did not help t build up the quality of the game at all.
    Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mushir

@Snail said:

" @ryanwho: Dude seriously.

When I play a game I barely care about the quality of the cutscenes. It is not a reward. The reward is completing the level. The cutscene is just something that usually comes with that.

@Twilight said:

" @Snail said:
    I am sorry but I agree with Ryan. In SSBB the CG cutscenes were one the main reasons I even bothered to play through the single player mode. Same goes with Tekken: DR. There I have all the characters from the beginning. But those awesome CG cutscenes made playing through the Story Mode with every single character worth it. "
    What? So the cutscenes matter to you the most in games where the story matters less. I find this reply laughable. Seriously. And there are games such as Shadow the Hedgehog that are plain awful but have well done cutscenes. The cutscenes in that game did not help t build up the quality of the game at all. "
    Shadow the Hedgehog and the games I mentioned are different. The ones I mentioned are actually good. Shadow is not. If the gameplay is messed up then I won't bother playing through the game. Yes the feeling of accomplishment after you finish is huge. But getting a pretty CG cutscene after you finish a boss is nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.