Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 23, 2014

Disney Infinity 2.0 focuses on the MARVEL franchise along with some new Disney franchise additions.

PC version out Oct. 2nd

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I'm hoping to get this game for my nephew since he's in love with DC / Marvel comics video games. I noticed the base game 2.0 was available to download and play for free from the Infinity website but what does that actually entail? Does the PC version also include the latest marvel heroes update? Would I be missing anything grabbing this version over let's say the ps3 / 360 version?

I mean I'm not too picky when it comes to this game since it's specifically for my 5 year old nephew but if I have to I'm willing to grab the last gen version of this game for his birthday. Any info would be helpful.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By a_e_martin

I believe the PC version is just the toybox mode, at least that's how it was before. You could link it up with the console version to get access to your characters and other stuff, I think.

EDIT: Looks like it includes the Incredibles playset for free, with an option to purchase others from their PC store (at least at some point in the future).

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Pazy

I don't think they have announced officially what's happening with the PC version. Disney Infinity 1.0 launched as the Toybox mode only and then in March (6+ months later) they added the play-sets as micro transactions (£10 per playset rather than £15-30 for the physical option) but right now the official page for PC just says "Coming Soon". If you want to play Disney Infinity 2.0 you should probably get the console version because it exists just now but at some point (maybe sooner and maybe later) there should be a PC version with microtransactions but I have not seen anything official. Someone needs to ask JohnnyV about this, he seems to know things about things.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pazy
    crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By crithon

well for now it's a PC demo.... A pretty demo, and not much on tweaking graphic settings like any self respecting PC owner would enjoy to do. The Incredible's playset is also free in this free version, most of the story, still need to unlock a lot to play in toybox mode. I saw the Disney Infinity 1 starter set for 40 bucks, I'm tempted to plug in the Portal Base since it's USB and just use Project 626, Stitch. I WANT MY DISNEY CHARACTERS WITH GUNS AND TEETH AND DROOL!!! ...... oh wait, he doesn't have his 4 arms out, WTF? I'm excited there's a donald duck character coming soon. But I am like you, I want to play it with my cousin's kids who are between 13-6 do the voices as we play, just pick the scoundrels of Disney Universe.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@crithon: Isn't that Disney Infinity 1.0 not 2.0?

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crithon

@corruptedevil: yup yup, 2.0 isn't out for PC yet. Always trust Johnny V's words. It feels more like a test, trying to prove to a publisher "hey, people play it on the pc, lets develop there also." Those PC settings are kinda horrible and any PC snob will cry over no Vsync setting. Supposibly you can plug in your console version on it and it registers as a platform, but Amazon sells you codes without actually having figures or a base also so it's not really set up store front.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon said:

@corruptedevil: yup yup, 2.0 isn't out for PC yet. Always trust Johnny V's words. It feels more like a test, trying to prove to a publisher "hey, people play it on the pc, lets develop there also." Those PC settings are kinda horrible and any PC snob will cry over no Vsync setting. Supposibly you can plug in your console version on it and it registers as a platform, but Amazon sells you codes without actually having figures or a base also so it's not really set up store front.

Yeah, I was really excited for the PC version based on just the straight micro transactions and cheaper prices but the lack of PC settings meant it was basically unplayable for me. If the 2.0 PC version runs well enough and has some graphics settings and keeps the more reasonable prices I will be buying a lot of content from them.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Glad to hear I'm not the only one grumbling for a more dedicated pc version for this game. So I could be wrong but digging around I read somewhere that the infinity packs for 1.0 include codes that can be entered into the pc version and can be unlocked that way. Is that correct?

I played around with the pc version the other day with my nephew visiting and while I did notice the lack of customization for the graphics I think the games art design still looks good enough that for a 5 year old the game still looks amazing. The one thing that bugged me was the amount of crashing I got in that game. Unsure if it's the lack there of support for the pc version or if 2.0 came out the same day we were trying to play it and there was a lot of technical stuffs happening at hq.

@crithon That is pretty nifty. I am down with buying characters as micro transactions but also would be cool with buying action figures if they came with the codes as well. As a person who plays tons of Marvel Heroes 2015 I am cool with this.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Glad to hear I'm not the only one grumbling for a more dedicated pc version for this game. So I could be wrong but digging around I read somewhere that the infinity packs for 1.0 include codes that can be entered into the pc version and can be unlocked that way. Is that correct?

I played around with the pc version the other day with my nephew visiting and while I did notice the lack of customization for the graphics I think the games art design still looks good enough that for a 5 year old the game still looks amazing. The one thing that bugged me was the amount of crashing I got in that game. Unsure if it's the lack there of support for the pc version or if 2.0 came out the same day we were trying to play it and there was a lot of technical stuffs happening at hq.

@crithon That is pretty nifty. I am down with buying characters as micro transactions but also would be cool with buying action figures if they came with the codes as well. As a person who plays tons of Marvel Heroes 2015 I am cool with this.

I like the idea of the PC version being all digital, but if I can also buy the figures (purely to have them sitting on my desk) AND get codes for the PC version it'd be more enticing. However, I'm curious as to whether or not the PC version has multiplayer (local and/or online) and controller support? I'll probably check out the game on Oct. 2 to see what's up with it, but if it has both of those things, I might find myself hopping into the figure scene.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myketuna: game has controller support for the xbox 360 controller.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By crithon

@pazy: Although I do find it interesting there's a price drop on Infinity 1 playsets, so you could use the USB Portal to bring in those characters over. It might be interesting if you stumble on cheaper priced items 360 version and yet play it on updated PC graphics.

@myketuna: Hmmmmm, I think multiplayer might be through their own Disney Infinity social media accounts.... I haven't tried since I don't know anyone except my cousin's kids in New York but they never experienced multiplayer ever. Or maybe it's just a glorified update feed? And also those figures look better then anything else out there. I was fallowing the art director's blog how he designs them, really amazing process. Like right now Skylanders look really like a 80s forgotten toyline and I'm not impressed with Amiibos it's like their plastic looks like those bad japanese little toys you get from capsules machines. Just the pose they strike nails the character perfect.

@i_stay_puft: well, it's odd, like early on in the tutorial I would read the input commands as WASD, and then slowly it would change to controler input. And this was going on for a while. By the way, do you think there's a way you could go into the edit files and tweek down some of the settings? Turn off Vsync, motion blur, antialiasing. Get to run smoother? PC version been out since March should be some resourceful hackers out there.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon said:

@pazy: Although I do find it interesting there's a price drop on Infinity 1 playsets, so you could use the USB Portal to bring in those characters over. It might be interesting if you stumble on cheaper priced items 360 version and yet play it on updated PC graphics.

I believe every figure and playset comes with a code you can use on the website to activate it to your account. So if you get the 360 game and some figures you can play them on PC (and iPad) just not with the portal, instead by signing into your account.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pazy: well, gotta buy the portal base to find out ;)

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

It looks like the pc version is up, the store has also been updated.

So on the Marvel side there is 3 playsets and each is being sold at $24.99 with two characters included with each pack. Each character is $5.99. Still would like a figurine but the prices for the characters isn't that bad.

https://infinity.disney.com/pc-shop/playsets

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just an update so I was able to purchase the Ultimate Spiderman playset but then I was also trying to grab the venom character as well but it looks like the payment keeps holding up. I checked my account to see if the payment went through but it looks like it didn't. I'm wondering if anybody else has been running into any difficulties making purchases online?

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By crithon

well, I bought the game last saturday, I haven't been able to check to see if this runs on my PC.... soooo I'll figure out later tonight after work and a few beers. Just curious if the PC version of 2.0 is up and running.... sounds like no response.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.