Clearly the reason the forum is dead is everyone is in-game

#1 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

Picked up my copy today and spent 9 consecutive hours playing. Such a great game so far have only played as Sully, but got the starter pack plus Barbossa to go until I need more of my "fix". Was hoping to hear some reviews or cool news of something I haven't encountered yet. SHOW ME YO PIX!

#2 Posted by Genfuyung (250 posts) -

Grabbed three power disk packs and they were all the same. Mulans Horse and Cinderellas Chariot. That was a pretty huge bummer.

#3 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1484 posts) -

Does anyone know what the exclusive Toys R Us ones are?

#4 Edited by rebgav (1429 posts) -

Eh, I'm planning on buying this tomorrow but from what I've seen it looks like you have to spend some significant time playing the campaigns to unlock stuff for the toybox mode. Some of the characters seem really well designed (The Incredibles in particular) so it could be a lot of fun to build levels for them - and making Pixar-themed racetracks could be dope as hell.

The power disc stuff seems like the worst kind of hateful, exploitative bullshit though. Seems like there'll be a bunch of unique vehicles in there too but I have no intention of blind-buying two tokens at a time for $6 a pop, that shit is the cutting edge of videogames' carny business scumbaggery.

#5 Posted by Bane122 (810 posts) -

@genfuyung: Someone on twitter was saying the packs can be read through the packaging so you can return them if they're a dupe.

#6 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

Grabbed three power disk packs and they were all the same. Mulans Horse and Cinderellas Chariot. That was a pretty huge bummer.

If they're like the Lego and Mega Bloks mystery packs, they have a code printed somewhere on the packaging that resembles what is contained inside.

I would buy 5 at a time and make sure the number is different and always got different stuff.

#7 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -
#8 Edited by Genfuyung (250 posts) -

@bane122 said:

@genfuyung: Someone on twitter was saying the packs can be read through the packaging so you can return them if they're a dupe.

That would be great to know. Unfortunately I opened all the ones I bought. I bought them at toysrus where they were 5 dollars per pack and it was buy one get one for a dollar.

#9 Posted by mpgeist (643 posts) -

I want to get into this game, but it seems so expensive and there are so many new games coming out in the next few weeks.

#10 Posted by Bane122 (810 posts) -

@genfuyung: I figured it was too late this time but thought it useful for the future.

The random nature of those things is just bullshit.

#11 Posted by Genfuyung (250 posts) -

@bane122 said:

@genfuyung: I figured it was too late this time but thought it useful for the future.

The random nature of those things is just bullshit.

Yeah as soon as I opened the second pack I was pretty bummed. And then the third pack was the exact fucking same. I couldn't believe it.

#12 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

I only got the power pack that came with my preorder and the one that came in the physical starter set. Starter came with Mickeys Car, and my power pack had Cinderella's Chariot and Mickeys Car... so yeah already have them doubles as well. Good to know about the reading through the packaging though.

#13 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

So I bought the game and a bunch of characters. PS3 version is broken because of the day one patch. Videogames.

#14 Posted by JoelHulsey (70 posts) -

Maybe it's just me, but I'm just not "getting" this game. I bought the starter set for the 360, several of the add-on discs, as well as Italian sports car from Cars and weird squid-face dude from Pirates. I have about an hour in, but really still don't know what to "do." I played a short adventure with Mr. Incredible and only managed to get silver. I took him off the base and went with the sports car and did 2 races and got silver.

So what am I missing???

#15 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

Fell into the game hard. Got the game, Villians and Cars sets and two power packs. One Power Pack was two Tangeled's. The next was one Alice in Wonderland and a Tangeled. The game itself came with a Tangled.

Too much Tangled. -_-

#16 Posted by jermz678 (2 posts) -

I just picked up the starter kit for Wii U and one power pack. No doubles! I think I'm going to max these characters before I get more. I'm having a lot of fun ( mostly playing the pirates campaign and toy box mode).

#17 Posted by Vonocourt (2164 posts) -

Ordered the Cars and Lone Ranger playsets since Amazon had them on sale, should get the former midway through September and the latter on Thursday. No idea when I'm gonna go and actually get the starter kit, late September or October properly. Busy pre-fall for video games.

#18 Edited by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

@barrock: I feel you with the Mickey Car. Same thing accept 2 in one pack but too much mickey!!

#19 Posted by elko84 (1113 posts) -

@joelhulsey: Maybe Disney isn't your thing considering you called Davy Jones the "weird squid-face dude"

#20 Edited by Barrock (3553 posts) -

Just played around 2 hours co-op in Carsland. Quite fun, though my gaming OCD makes me collect EVERYTHING.

#21 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -

Not touching anything with Mystery Boxes. Physical or otherwise. Seems neat though, but definitely not for me.

#22 Posted by JesterPC238 (345 posts) -

I bought a starter pack yesterday, girlfriend and I played for 2 hours last night and had an absolute blast. I haven't even touched a playset as I just got the starter pack so we can't yet play co-op in playset. I'm going back to Toys R Us tomorrow to buy the sidekicks pack, the Cars set and the Lone Ranger set. They got me god dammit.

#23 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1484 posts) -

Hey quick question about the game. Been on MU for awhile and got to the point to where I have no more quests in any area. I haven't finished the area as I'm missing the Tiny Terror and Glow Urchin item and the score is at 707 (me) 711 (them). I have Mike and Sully but is Randell prevelent to beating this area? And how to progress
#25 Edited by Barrock (3553 posts) -

Hey quick question about the game. Been on MU for awhile and got to the point to where I have no more quests in any area. I haven't finished the area as I'm missing the Tiny Terror and Glow Urchin item and the score is at 707 (me) 711 (them). I have Mike and Sully but is Randell prevelent to beating this area? And how to progress

I'm in the same boat as you, but haven't finished all the challenges. I can't access the frat row anymore, it's like the area won't load.

#26 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3245 posts) -

I jumped right into the Toybox mode with a friend and I'm loving the hell out of this game.

#27 Posted by Birdman_LIVE (16 posts) -

I've gone crazy. I own all characters except the Loan Ranger stuff. Although old west buildings would be sweet. Can't wait for the Toy Story figures to be released in October. I love playing with my 4 year old. We start on a blank island and she just says "Daddy I want a bridge over there". Then I challenge myself to build a different type of "bridge" every time. Some of my most inventive levels have been built that way. Only with I had more sky selections and terrain skins.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.