Disney Unveils its Ambitious 'Infinity' Project

• 88 results
#51 Posted by Ghostiet (5223 posts) -
@Milkman said:

Surprised Johnny V didn't leak this months ago.

*slow clap*
#52 Posted by yevinorion (691 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@yevinorion:

I'd be up more for Black Cauldron or (far more realistically) The Great Mouse Detective.

Black Cauldron was so good! I'd forgotten about that one. Sword in the Stone was my fave as a kid though. Lets be real, Disney has a back catalogue like few others. It's just a matter of how far they want to really dig into it.

#53 Posted by TepidShark (1058 posts) -

@Abendlaender said:

Is John Vignocchi, going to be a playable character? Also Avalanche is doing this? Make Just Cause 3 damit!

Given that it is John Vignocchi, I am hoping for a playable Ice T.

#54 Posted by kylekrane (60 posts) -

So you're telling me I can have Scrooge McDuck, Jack Sparrow, and Buzz Lightyear gang up and lightcycle race in The Haunted Mansion? Sold.

#55 Posted by Lumley (945 posts) -

This actually looks pretty promising. I'm a big Disney fan so I would consider getting this.

Plus I totally want a toy Violet Parr and Sulley.

#56 Posted by Arthurd (41 posts) -

I need to know how Jeff feels about this.

#57 Posted by Superfriend (1526 posts) -

Phew, I almost thought the "real" Avalanche was working on this.

#58 Posted by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -

Disney does Skylanders. Who didn't see this coming? It's money in the bank for them.

I predict Disney do something like this with their Star Wars franchise...possibly their Marvel one, too.

Man, they've got so much opportunity to milk this idea to the bank!

#59 Posted by DeadFish (228 posts) -

Oh, Disney characters, like... Darth Vader, right? :)

#60 Posted by Fearbeard (824 posts) -

I'm sure this will be cool and all, but what I really want from Avalanche is Just Cause 3 and Renegade Ops 2.

#61 Posted by Zelyre (1117 posts) -

#mintthedisneyskylanders

#62 Posted by Zereta (1363 posts) -

@PenguinDust said:

Disney does Skylanders. Who didn't see this coming? It's money in the bank for them.

I predict Disney do something like this with their Star Wars franchise...possibly their Marvel one, too.

Man, they've got so much opportunity to milk this idea to the bank!

Star Wars cant sustain a game like that itself. Big universe but nah.

Marvel, though? Oh my god.

#63 Posted by s10129107 (1179 posts) -

Do you guys realize we might have a sword fight between Jack Sparrow and Guybrush Threepwood. Between Barbosa and LeChuck. Theyve got Sam and Max too. And Simba. And the bird from Up. and Walle. And Genie from Aladdin. And Sebastian the crab. And the damn candlestick. And Darth Vader. They got Manny Calavera and Glottis. I can't handle this right now.

#64 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

At least it's not be developed for PSP. Pro Tip: Don't let Johnny anywhere near your PSP.

#65 Posted by HeyImPhoenix (169 posts) -

Actually looking forward to this!!

#66 Edited by Coombs (3449 posts) -

@DrDarkStryfe said:

The Toy Box mode from the Toy Story 3 game was a pretty nice thing to mess around with. If all they are doing is taking that concept and expanding it many times over, I am sold.

Me too.

Can't wait to see what they are going to do here, Would love to see Darkwing, Talespin, Duck Tales and soooo many others.

Imagine....

#67 Posted by probablytuna (3533 posts) -

Man, it just hit home that Disney owns Marvel and Star Wars.... God damn that is a lot of property.

#68 Posted by Emteekek (2 posts) -

@s10129107: They don't have Sam & Max. They licensed Sam & Max off the creator Steve Purcell and the license is now in Telltale's hands.

#69 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (497 posts) -

I just want some Disney Afternoon characters and I'm in. Where my Duckburg peeps at?

#70 Posted by Vexxan (4615 posts) -

This has potential to make Jeff's wallet cry.

#71 Posted by ProfessorEss (7278 posts) -

Barbossa's in? I'm in.

#72 Posted by ShawnS (162 posts) -

So there was some browser-based, user generated 3D platformer that I know I looked into last year that had some weird connection to Disney. I can't find the details now but I could see that tech folding into Infinity at some point. It looked very easy to build and script 3D platforming levels it just didn't have as catchy a style as a Disney mash-up.

#73 Posted by Dixavd (1305 posts) -

There better be a Kingdom Hearts easter egg in this!

#74 Posted by leem101 (106 posts) -

needs walle and doug

#75 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

@s10129107: Doesn't Telltale own the rights to Monkey Island?

#76 Posted by makari (594 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Will we be seeing any Aristocats or Oliver and Company figurines? Or is Disney lying with the "Infinity" moniker?

Uncle Remus figure or bust.

#77 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

Avalanche? Wait, no, not that Avalanche.

I know. My disappointment is endless.

Also Skylanders: Disney Edition? Gotcha. Not interested.

#78 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

@Coombs said:

Me too.

Can't wait to see what they are going to do here, Would love to see Darkwing, Talespin, Duck Tales and soooo many others.

Imagine....

Oh I LOVEEE Darkwing Duck and the disney afternoon characters... I so hope this happens. I'll be broke.

#79 Posted by Shortbreadtom (687 posts) -

But what happens if I put the disembodied torso of a large chested, bikini clad woman on the device? What then Alex?!

#80 Posted by ftrevelin (70 posts) -

Playing around in some Disneyland like environment as a cartoony Geoffrey Rush... how can I say no to that?!

#81 Posted by Starks94 (27 posts) -

Well I guess this is the closest we will ever get to Kingdom Hearts being on a "next gen" console evan though the gen is pretty much on its last legs

#82 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

@Shortbreadtom said:

But what happens if I put the disembodied torso of a large chested, bikini clad woman on the device? What then Alex?!

The Disney world will suddenly become a lot more fucked up

#83 Edited by Corvak (887 posts) -

@s10129107: And also Deadpool. THINK about this. It could be the greatest thing ever.

#84 Edited by Coombs (3449 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

Avalanche? Wait, no, not that Avalanche.

I know. My disappointment is endless.

Also Skylanders: Disney Edition? Gotcha. Not interested.

From what has been released so far this game will be going far beyond Skylanders.

It is a collectible figure based game, But the gameplay is supposed to be MUCH deeper. Toy Box mode is what sets this game and skylanders apart, And if you played Toy Story 3 then you know the basic idea they are going with. However Infinity is said to be WAY more customizable than the Toy Story Toy Box was, And that is where most of your gameplay is going to happen, But with the gameplay being very similar to the style in Toy Story 3 I am already sold, Toy Story 3 was a very good (kids) game.

A few choice quotes....

"During the presentation, we saw a player’s rendition of Bowser’s Castle from Mario Kart, with the playable characters using their respective mounts and vehicles to race."

"The game itself offers similar play to Toy Story 3: The Video Game. Play Set pieces are placed on the Infinity base to access various campaign modes, or players can create and share their own games with no Play Set present in the impressively fully featured Toy Box mode."

"Playing together was important to us, we provide two player split-screen as well as four player online drop-in drop-out network play," ~ And I'm sold

#85 Posted by bigmess (41 posts) -

These figure portal things are just an easier way to sell dlc to kids.

#86 Posted by JohnnyV (20 posts) -

Can't wait to show you guys more! :-)

#87 Posted by Senno (74 posts) -

So basically it's Skylanders meets Disney?

#88 Posted by cyberbloke (55 posts) -

My three year old is going to go nuts for this.

#89 Posted by CircleNine (381 posts) -

So, this is going to be Disney selling you little plug in dolls that go onto some USB thing so that you can bind them to your account somehow and selling you a set of tools that they made for you to make levels for the characters you've purchased so they can use the levels users make to sell their game which is really only actually a set of tools to make games?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.