Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Disney Infinity

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Aug 18, 2013

Disney Infinity is an action-adventure video game based on Disney properties which uses physical toy figures. The game features in-game play sets and a toy box mode that allows users to create levels using mixed-and-matched content.

Newcomer question - Understanding this 2.0 stuff!

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Hey duders,

I'm new to all the Infinity stuff (don't have it yet) but I need to make sure on all the 2.0 being DLC, figures and cross-buy technicalities.

So I was going to buy 2.0, then I realised it's actually just their name for the Marvel stuff, which is awesome! HOWEVER from what I've found out, I don't need to wait until mid-september to buy Infinity because it's also available as a DLC pack for the original game.

Like, I'll happily go out and buy Infinity now, and then in a few weeks when the Marvel stuff comes out I can just download it and buy select figures (like Captain America and Nicky Fury), but will they work on my 'older' game inside each mode, or do I need some physical Marvel playset to activate them?

I know all the old figures work with the new equipment, but does it go the other way too?

Sorry if all of this is very obvious but I couldn't phrase it in a way to get google to help!

Cheers!

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

@shalashaskauk666:

Everything I've seen/read so far is that the new game is a whole new piece of software. That isn't to say you might not be able to buy it digitally on PC. The base and characters from the first Infinity will work with the new game, so maybe there's an option if you're on a PC to simply download the new one. I can only speak to consoles though, and for that it's definitely a whole separate physical purchase. While the old base and characters will work with the new game, the new characters won't work in the old game.

As far as buying the original one now, I would advise against it, unless you have a particular interest in one of the game sets. The toybox mode in the original version keeps most of the more interesting blocks behind a lotto system, where you earn a chance at one of fifteen new toy packs every time your character levels up. There's never a situation where you don't get a new pack when you level up, but there are like five different towns-person packs and four racetrack packs, and three castle part packs, etc. so if you really want to go in and make nothing but F1 tracks, you're still likely to end up with a lot of stuff you don't care about.

FWIW, this is one of the changes to the toy box for the version 2; you'll still need to acquire some of the packs, but instead of being randomized, it'll be things you can more specifically pick and choose from.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.