Boxart revealed.

#1 Posted by RecSpec (3908 posts) -

I

Your eyes do not deceive you, Jecht is on the Cosmos Side. 
Terra, Cloud, and Tidus are on the Chaos side.
#2 Posted by Venatio (4493 posts) -

I really like it, although Lightning looks a bit strange for some reason

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (19051 posts) -

This game is going to sell 349085734890589034578903475689034756890347568905 copies.

#4 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5152 posts) -
@Venatio said:

"I really like it, although Lightning looks a bit strange for some reason "

If you look at the FF13 chick and the girl to her left you can see they are differently lighted (also the two front characters on the bottom), which is kind of messed up. 
#5 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I don't get it, why is Jecht up top, and Tidus, Terra, and Cloud on the bottom?

#6 Posted by thebatmobile (983 posts) -

Why is Vaan smelling his finger? That's messed up.

#7 Posted by Soap (3631 posts) -

As I clicked the link I guessed it would be two clusterfuck sets of characters randomly arranged with very little thought into it and I was right. Excellent :)

#8 Posted by EuanDewar (5094 posts) -
@CL60:
I remember seeing in the trailer something about Tidus being under mind control and terra not being able to control her powers. As for cloud fuck knows, some crazy ridiculous justification no doubt.
#9 Posted by Soap (3631 posts) -
@EuanDewar: Cloud has probably gone back into his emo  'I am just a failed clone so what is the point' mode again
#10 Edited by Bones8677 (3271 posts) -

Yuna looks weird. Seems like a different face than what I remember.
And really? They're gonna call it Duodecim in the US? Thought the American distributers would have put a stop to thatmadness. It's Dissidia 2! Not Dissidia12!

#11 Edited by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

Looks like a Final Fantasy cover alright. Also, doesn't Lightning look a bit different?

#12 Posted by Aronman789 (2694 posts) -

I liked it better when it didn't have Lightning. I find her to be probably one of my most hated characters, though I can't really put my finger on why.

#13 Posted by animateria (3253 posts) -

I want Balthier and Fran not Vaan...

#14 Edited by PK_Koopa (583 posts) -

Jecht is on the good side because of what happened in the first one, Tidus is indeed being mind controlled or something (He probably doesn't wanna be on his father's side, but thats a pretty lame reason), Terra has lost control of her powers and Cloud... well.. 

Yup.
#15 Posted by Three0neFive (2300 posts) -
@Soap said:
" As I clicked the link I guessed it would be two clusterfuck sets of characters randomly arranged with very little thought into it and I was right. Excellent :) "
pretty much this

i don't get why people are creaming their pants over this tripe
#16 Posted by LiquidPrince (16119 posts) -

Nice. Lightning for the win.

#17 Posted by XenoNick (1480 posts) -

NIce.

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" I don't get it, why is Jecht up top, and Tidus, Terra, and Cloud on the bottom? "
Same here. Why would Terra go to the dark side, damn it? I can understand Tidus (daddy issues) and Cloud (Sephiroth has mind control or whatever), but why Terra? I doubt that she'd put the crown on again.
#19 Posted by DonChipotle (2810 posts) -
@PK_Koopa said:
" Jecht is on the good side because of what happened in the first one, Tidus is indeed being mind controlled or something (He probably doesn't wanna be on his father's side, but thats a pretty lame reason), Terra has lost control of her powers and Cloud... well.. 

Yup.
"
The first one? Isn't this a prequel?
#21 Posted by aurahack (2285 posts) -

Terrible title.  

Also, looks nice when blown up on my super-neat 720p laptop monitor. It's gonna look crowded as fuck on a PSP case, though.

#22 Posted by Ursus_Veritas (383 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" @CL60 said:
" I don't get it, why is Jecht up top, and Tidus, Terra, and Cloud on the bottom? "
Same here. Why would Terra go to the dark side, damn it? I can understand Tidus (daddy issues) and Cloud (Sephiroth has mind control or whatever), but why Terra? I doubt that she'd put the crown on again. "
I think I read something about her losing control of her esper powers and being under Kefka's control (this is a prequel to the original Dissidia, in which Kefka mentions at some point Terra fought for Chaos, so this definitely ties in with that) - similar to the slave crown she had on at the start of FFVI. She eventually breaks free of the control and joins Cosmos's side, as do Cloud and Tidus, but I'm not sure how/why they're Chaos in the first place. Maybe you're right about Tidus, and he just wants to be opposite to whatever his Dad's on (and I assume it'll be Yuna who convinces him to join Cosmos)? 
#23 Posted by PK_Koopa (583 posts) -
@VelvetLore04: ...Seriously?
 Ugh.

Guess I must've been misinformed or something. Damn confusing Squeenix plot.
#24 Edited by JackSukeru (5949 posts) -

I can't tell if Tidus costume is still asymmetrical. It'd be cool if it wasn't. 

Edit: wait it is.

#25 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

It looks like Final Fantasy. The first Dissidia is some of the most fun I've had with FF, so my PSP might get played again soon.

#26 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -
@Venatio said:
" I really like it, although Lightning looks a bit strange for some reason "
She seems to be rendered better in this boxart than the FF13 one.
#27 Posted by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -

Nice, Rec. Where did you find that?

#28 Posted by AngelN7 (2972 posts) -

Prishe not being on the cover confirms that theres still some characters unannounced?, Im still wating for Auron how can you not have Auron in this game?, also theres only one new Chaos Character wich is Gilgamesh so they just put some of the Cosmos charcters on the chaos side? I know this is a precuel and some Characters do stay that they were on the oposite side at first but still theres no more villans to pick?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.