Are people still playing this?

#1 Posted by mrfluke (5271 posts) -

Just kind of curious, as i really want to Dive* in but this game is gonna live or die by if people are still playing this, and i also heard the game has matchmaking issues as well?

im thinking i might just wait for the ps4 version as its coming to ps4 at launch. but if there is still a community around this game, i might just buy the game now.

#2 Posted by audioBusting (1623 posts) -

The Vita matchmaking seems to be kinda bad where I'm at, but I'm still getting a Kick out of the single-player. I don't know about PSN, but I still see people play it on Steam.

#3 Posted by SeanCoughing (269 posts) -

I couldn't get into a game yesterday on PS3. This game either desperately needs a patch or no one is playing it, either way it's a bummer.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (15019 posts) -

A patch is supposedly incoming. I quit playing due to the shitty matchmaking. I love the actual game but If I can't get into a damn match like whats up? And I don't see why its taken this long? DOA5U already got a patch through cert to fix its matchmaking and its been out for two weeks now. Divekick has been over a month now and nothing. Incredibly disappointing. I don't regret buying and supporting the game but man... I wish they would get on the ball and fix the damn thing.

#5 Edited by jking47 (1215 posts) -

I play sometimes, but I have people I play with in real life so I don't use the online often.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

A patch is supposedly incoming. I quit playing due to the shitty matchmaking. I love the actual game but If I can't get into a damn match like whats up? And I don't see why its taken this long? DOA5U already got a patch through cert to fix its matchmaking and its been out for two weeks now. Divekick has been over a month now and nothing. Incredibly disappointing. I don't regret buying and supporting the game but man... I wish they would get on the ball and fix the damn thing.

Maybe it has to do with the size of the dev team? I imagine that Team Ninja has more resources to dedicate to online patching. They also have fewer platforms to support.

#7 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3577 posts) -

It's been real interesting, a friend of mine picked it up a few days ago during the Humble Store sale and I played a few matches against him over steam. To my surprise Addition Edition came out since last playing and had no idea so I was super stoked. After playing against my friend I started up some rank matches and for some reason I kept on connecting to the same dude over and over again a few times when searching for a match. I also have the game on ps3 so I booted that up to see if I could get a game going on that system and after 15 minutes of waiting just turned it off. Now it could just be me since I did try booting up a game on a Saturday late into the evening but I have to wonder did Addition Edition bork something or are people kinda done with Divekick? Also gotta wonder if people are playing this instead on the new consoles / vita and that's the place to play this?

#8 Posted by mosespippy (4286 posts) -

@i_stay_puft: Vita and PS3 versions share the same matchmaking pool and the PS4 version isn't out yet. The game has always been more active on PC. AE didn't bork anything. It's just that people aren't playing it, or if they are, it's people who already have someone to play against planned ahead of time.

#9 Posted by CByrne (241 posts) -

I find it to be a fun game for local multiplayer. like if people are getting up to grab a beer or use the bathroom between rounds of samurai gunn or something.

#10 Edited by BBAlpert (1526 posts) -

@audiobusting said:

The Vita matchmaking seems to be kinda bad where I'm at, but I'm still getting a Kick out of the single-player. I don't know about PSN, but I still see people play it on Steam.

You son of a...

*edit: I didn't even notice that @mrfluke did it too. You are all monsters.

#11 Posted by KirillOrlov (242 posts) -

@mosespippy: I see the PS4 version is out now but it didn't do a cross buy between PS3/vita(I bought it when it came out) purchase and my PS4. Is this not a cross buy game now? $10 isn't a lot to spend but just wondering.

#12 Posted by mosespippy (4286 posts) -

@kirillorlov: Don't have a PS4 myself so I can't say for sure, but the PC store says it's cross play at least. Best to ask JosephJBroni on twitter for a definite answer.

#13 Posted by KirillOrlov (242 posts) -
#14 Posted by KirillOrlov (242 posts) -

In case anyone cares. "@kirillorlov No cross buy but we're patching all the AE+ stuff into PS3/Vita/Steam next week for free" - Dave Lang

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.