Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Divekick

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

Rising to prominence through the American fighting game community, Divekick is an indie fighting game that distills the controls into two simple buttons, requiring clever strategy as players try to score the first hit with their divekick attack!

Are people still playing this? (2013)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mrfluke

Just kind of curious, as i really want to Dive* in but this game is gonna live or die by if people are still playing this, and i also heard the game has matchmaking issues as well?

im thinking i might just wait for the ps4 version as its coming to ps4 at launch. but if there is still a community around this game, i might just buy the game now.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

The Vita matchmaking seems to be kinda bad where I'm at, but I'm still getting a Kick out of the single-player. I don't know about PSN, but I still see people play it on Steam.

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I couldn't get into a game yesterday on PS3. This game either desperately needs a patch or no one is playing it, either way it's a bummer.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

A patch is supposedly incoming. I quit playing due to the shitty matchmaking. I love the actual game but If I can't get into a damn match like whats up? And I don't see why its taken this long? DOA5U already got a patch through cert to fix its matchmaking and its been out for two weeks now. Divekick has been over a month now and nothing. Incredibly disappointing. I don't regret buying and supporting the game but man... I wish they would get on the ball and fix the damn thing.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By jking47

I play sometimes, but I have people I play with in real life so I don't use the online often.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

A patch is supposedly incoming. I quit playing due to the shitty matchmaking. I love the actual game but If I can't get into a damn match like whats up? And I don't see why its taken this long? DOA5U already got a patch through cert to fix its matchmaking and its been out for two weeks now. Divekick has been over a month now and nothing. Incredibly disappointing. I don't regret buying and supporting the game but man... I wish they would get on the ball and fix the damn thing.

Maybe it has to do with the size of the dev team? I imagine that Team Ninja has more resources to dedicate to online patching. They also have fewer platforms to support.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

It's been real interesting, a friend of mine picked it up a few days ago during the Humble Store sale and I played a few matches against him over steam. To my surprise Addition Edition came out since last playing and had no idea so I was super stoked. After playing against my friend I started up some rank matches and for some reason I kept on connecting to the same dude over and over again a few times when searching for a match. I also have the game on ps3 so I booted that up to see if I could get a game going on that system and after 15 minutes of waiting just turned it off. Now it could just be me since I did try booting up a game on a Saturday late into the evening but I have to wonder did Addition Edition bork something or are people kinda done with Divekick? Also gotta wonder if people are playing this instead on the new consoles / vita and that's the place to play this?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@i_stay_puft: Vita and PS3 versions share the same matchmaking pool and the PS4 version isn't out yet. The game has always been more active on PC. AE didn't bork anything. It's just that people aren't playing it, or if they are, it's people who already have someone to play against planned ahead of time.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it to be a fun game for local multiplayer. like if people are getting up to grab a beer or use the bathroom between rounds of samurai gunn or something.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By BBAlpert

@audiobusting said:

The Vita matchmaking seems to be kinda bad where I'm at, but I'm still getting a Kick out of the single-player. I don't know about PSN, but I still see people play it on Steam.

You son of a...

*edit: I didn't even notice that @mrfluke did it too. You are all monsters.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy: I see the PS4 version is out now but it didn't do a cross buy between PS3/vita(I bought it when it came out) purchase and my PS4. Is this not a cross buy game now? $10 isn't a lot to spend but just wondering.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@kirillorlov: Don't have a PS4 myself so I can't say for sure, but the PC store says it's cross play at least. Best to ask JosephJBroni on twitter for a definite answer.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In case anyone cares. "@kirillorlov No cross buy but we're patching all the AE+ stuff into PS3/Vita/Steam next week for free" - Dave Lang

b0unty1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was inspired by Evo to load this back on to my Vita. There's one guy clearly boosting the Real Divekicker (play 500 ranked matches) trophy. Otherwise, it's dead. No lobbies, no unranked matches, no other ranked matches. I've never seen a game community so dead.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divekick is a game I can't help but feel never should have made it out of the concept stage. It was really at its best when it was just Dive and Kick and just got worse as it grew more complicated.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really need to dive back into that game. I still love firing it up from time to time.

b0unty1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Granted, I was playing on the Vita, but I was playing what I thought were peak times (early evening Eastern time, late night Easter/prime time Western time). Nothing but the one guy boosting that ranked matches trophy.

I wonder if there are players on any of the other platforms, since I don't think Divekick is cross platform.

hippyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone has this on PS4 and feels like playing, lemme know.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been wanting to dive in. I won a code from Lang during the Extra Life stream. I'm down for some matches if anyone plays on XB1.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I'm down to play and get beaten horribly on PC

TaunT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to play this game on PC. Searched for a while and found no one

fossas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm a sophomore college student and I play it ALL THE TIME with my roommate and friends (on PS4). I haven't had the most stellar time trying to find games online, though.

Also the Fencer is completely broken.

fujisyusuke808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I still play on occasion, but you generally have to organize games ahead of time. You'll never find anything in matchmaking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.