DIVEKICK + Iron Galaxy + LANG ZONE = Spring 2013 Release

#1 Edited by GaspoweR (2937 posts) -

So it turns that the mysterious backer that led to the DIVEKICK Kickstarter cancellation turns out to be Dave Lang's very own Iron Galaxy Studios!!!

Here's some funny quotes from the press release posted on Shoryuken.com:

“Once I played Divekick, I knew I had to steal it from its creator and reap the benefits for myself,” said Dave Lang, President of Iron Galaxy Studios. ”I look forward to seeing Divekick Cyber Athletes on cereal boxes in the near future.”
One True Games Studios is led by fighting game experts including Adam “Keits” Heart. “Divekick is good at two things: teaching some of the basics of fighting game to players of any skill, and ending friendships. I partnered with Iron Galaxy because I know they love these things as much as I do. They also gave me large burlap sacks filled with cash, which certainly didn’t hurt,” said Heart. ”This game was made by the community, for the community, to completely tear apart the community.”

The game is going to be released on Spring 2013 on PSN (PS3 and Vita) as well as PC, like what was originally promised in the Kickstarter campaign. Here's also the tweet as to why there is no X360 release and what it takes to get a XBLA deal.

THE LANG ZONE KNOWS NO BOUNDS.

#2 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -

I had never heard of this before.

#3 Posted by Phatmac (5724 posts) -

THE VITA IS SAVED!

#4 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

It'll be more interesting to see what happens when you CANCEL A KICKSTARTER. I smell a scoop for Scoops coming soon.

Also, with this news, I have now fully realized that Dave Lang = China.

#5 Edited by GaspoweR (2937 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

THE VITA IS SAVED!

has expressed the same sentiment.

Divekick officially coming to Vita. The Vita is saved.

— Jeff Gerstmann (@jeffgerstmann) January 22, 2013

@jakob187 said:

Also, with this news, I have now fully realized that Dave Lang = China.

So by that quote do you mean to say that, "DAVE LANG DON'T CARE?" Very apropos.

#6 Posted by TooWalrus (13153 posts) -

What is... whaaaaaaat?

#7 Posted by UncleBenny (427 posts) -

DAVE LANG DEMANDS MORE MONEY IN THE LANG ZONE!

but god damn that Dave Lang quote was great, it was so god damn great.

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

Good.

#9 Posted by JJOR64 (18939 posts) -

I'll pick it up on PC.

#10 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1053 posts) -

Finally a use for my fightstick.

#11 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -
#12 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

The Lang Zone is all encompassing.

#13 Posted by FLStyle (4648 posts) -

Was out of the house, completely missed this announcement until I heard about it on the bombcast, awesome news!

#14 Edited by Phished0ne (2492 posts) -

Dave Lang is such a cool dude, and he seems genuinely interested in fighting games. Its awesome to see his company bringing Dive Kick to the masses. Now i just have to explain the Mr. N character to everyone i know. "well...he's based on this guy that a lot of people dislike.."

#15 Posted by FLStyle (4648 posts) -

@Phished0ne said:

Dave Lang is such a cool dude, and he seems genuinely interested in fighting games. Its awesome to see his company bringing Dive Kick to the masses. Now i just have to explain the Mr. N character to everyone i know. "well...he's based on this guy that a lot of people dislike.."

who used to play fighting games when Divekick was made but is now a professional eSportsman playing League of Legends. Oh eSports? That's..

#16 Posted by D_W (1142 posts) -

I'm so excited for this game. I knew they were picked up by a publisher. I love that the team behind the game decided on the company's name being "One True Game."

#17 Posted by StarvingGamer (8128 posts) -

GO GET HYPE!!!

#18 Posted by Seroth (714 posts) -

Now they just need to make a deal with MadCatz for those custom Divekick controllers!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.