Divekick should have a stage called "The Lang Zone."

Posted by MC_Hify (331 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Divekick should have a stage called "The Lang Zone." (196 votes)

Yes 91%
No 9%
#1 Posted by BisonHero (6407 posts) -

If any of you fucks votes "No", I swear to god, I will divekick you so hard...

#2 Edited by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Nes.

#3 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Yes

#4 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1178 posts) -

Every video game should have a stage called The Lang Zone.

#5 Edited by Zeik (2343 posts) -

The game is just dumb enough that now I'm actually going to be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

#6 Posted by myketuna (1672 posts) -

If such a stage is not in at release, it should definitely be free DLC.

#7 Posted by MC_Hify (331 posts) -

After consulting Google I have learned there is a MMA fighter and a professional roller blader also named Dave lang.

#8 Posted by MikkaQ (10281 posts) -

Sure, but it's gonna cost 150 Gs.

#9 Edited by Hailinel (24292 posts) -

@mikkaq said:

Wait, is Divekick actually going to cost money? Because that would be the funniest thing about this game.

#10 Posted by Jay_Ray (1076 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@mikkaq said:

Wait, is Divekick actually going to cost money? Because that would be the funniest thing about this game.

Yeah it is, Divekick has to support the Lang Zone and that ain't cheap.

#11 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7074 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@mikkaq said:

I'm sure. My guess is $10. I'll happily pay for it to just for the INSANE nonsense that's sure to ensue while playing with friends.

#12 Posted by Andorski (5249 posts) -

Who the fuck voted "no" on the poll?

#13 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@mikkaq said:

How is it funny? I would give money to Divekick over the vast majority of other games.

#14 Posted by ahgunsillyo (448 posts) -

The next Sonic the Hedgehog game should have a level called the "Lang Zone." Your move, SEGA.

And yes. Considering the sheer ridiculousness of the rest of the art direction for Dive Kick so far, I would really like to see what kind of insanity would come out of creating a background for "The Lang Zone."

#15 Edited by Hailinel (24292 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@mikkaq said:

How is it funny? I would give money to Divekick over the vast majority of other games.

To me, it looks like an elaborate flash game that would be amusing for all of five minutes. Then I'd close the browser and never touch it again.

#16 Posted by JasonR86 (9653 posts) -

I think it would be cool if you had to do a bunch of intricate stuff to enter the 'Lang Zone' where you fight Dave Lang and, if you win, he becomes a playable character. It'd be a nice call back to the Mortal Kombat hidden zones with characters like Reptile and Smoke.

#17 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@immortalsaiyan said:

@hailinel said:

@mikkaq said:

To me, it looks like an elaborate flash game that would be amusing for all of five minutes. Then I'd close the browser and never touch it again.

fair enough. I think there is a brilliance in design to the game that gets overlooked when people just talk about how silly the game is. Plus the game is clearly made by passionate people, putting there all into making a quality game. I respect that and will gladly support them by buying the game. That said I don't think they can get away with charging much for it.

#18 Posted by Zeik (2343 posts) -

@hailinel: It would obviously make for a terrible flash game, as the only reason this game would be any fun is against other people.

#19 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Only if it's exclusive DLC content, because The Lang Zone can't be entered by those peons called the masses. It's premium.

#20 Posted by TruthTellah (8725 posts) -

I agree that there should be a stage called "The Lang Zone".

Maybe the training area?

#21 Posted by Demoskinos (14734 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@immortalsaiyan said:

@hailinel said:

@mikkaq said:

fair enough. I think there is a brilliance in design to the game that gets overlooked when people just talk about how silly the game is. Plus the game is clearly made by passionate people, putting there all into making a quality game. I respect that and will gladly support them by buying the game. That said I don't think they can get away with charging much for it.

I'm totally throwing money at it. I want one of those controllers though.

#22 Edited by Hailinel (24292 posts) -

@zeik said:

@hailinel: It would obviously make for a terrible flash game, as the only reason this game would be any fun is against other people.

This game could easily accommodate two people on the same keyboard.

#23 Edited by Itwongo (1174 posts) -

No, but only because I'm pretty sure the entirety of Dive kick is already in the Lang Zone

#24 Posted by SaintOfKillers (64 posts) -

I thought the whole game was set in the lang zone, the lang zone is too big for just one stage.

Baller Town on the other hand...

#25 Posted by casper_ (903 posts) -

i guess that would be suitably referential but it would stick out seeing as how all the other ones refer to in jokes/people within the FGC.

#26 Posted by TruthTellah (8725 posts) -

@casper_ said:

i guess that would be suitably referential but it would stick out seeing as how all the other ones refer to in jokes/people within the FGC.

Considering he's making a fighting game, wouldn't Dave Lang be considered a person within the FGC? And "The Lang Zone" is a joke about him. So, I'd say it is at least tangentially related to their currently-established theme. :)

#27 Posted by TheHT (11102 posts) -

It's a failure if there isn't.

#28 Edited by selbie (1879 posts) -

Day One DLC.

Also, whenever you make a perfect kill, Dave's face pops up and yells "Wow-wow-wow-wow-wow!!"

#29 Edited by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Who the fuck voted no?

#30 Edited by TheHT (11102 posts) -
#31 Posted by BlackLagoon (1405 posts) -

What it needs is a Ballertown stage.

#32 Posted by Dalai (7017 posts) -

Every stage is the Lang Zone, but it would truly be the Lang Zone if we get to actually play as Dave Lang.

#33 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1632 posts) -

Abso-fucking-lutely.

#34 Posted by churrific (477 posts) -

@casper_ said:

Considering he's making a fighting game, wouldn't Dave Lang be considered a person within the FGC? And "The Lang Zone" is a joke about him. So, I'd say it is at least tangentially related to their currently-established theme. :)

I've seen a certain Dave Lang on a couple streams here or there holding giant "When's Mahvel" signs in the crowd. Close enough I'd say.

#35 Edited by FLStyle (4652 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

@casper_ said:

I've seen a certain Dave Lang on a couple streams here or there holding giant "When's Mahvel" signs in the crowd. Close enough I'd say.

90% of the FGC have never heard of Dave Lang, that's down from 95% from before PAX East. Being a member of the FGC is not about making fighting games, it's about how many existing FGC members are aware of you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.