Giant Bomb review forthcoming?

#1 Posted by DanHammett (151 posts) -

So we all know the close ties that the Bomb squad has with the guys over at Iron Galaxy, which raises a question. Will the site review the game, or will it be like Bastion where they talk about their feelings on the game but don't review it do to possible unintentional bias?

#2 Edited by Chumley_Marchbanks (93 posts) -

@danhammett: Does it even need a review? I think you can tell if you'd like this game just by watching a couple of matches.

#3 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

No.

#4 Posted by Morningstar (2142 posts) -

They do so few reviews, so hard to know. Do you really need a review of this though?

#5 Edited by bigjeffrey (4793 posts) -

Jeff's Answer

#6 Posted by Milkman (16531 posts) -

Giant Bomb doesn't review flash games.

#7 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2197 posts) -

No

#8 Posted by WickedSickDanceAttack (36 posts) -

Review: Buy it.

#9 Posted by OurSin_360 (834 posts) -

Only if dave lang does the review...

#10 Posted by chiablo (905 posts) -

No, they would want someone to give a positive review.

#11 Posted by GorillaMoPena (1930 posts) -

They already said it is the Best .swf of the year

#12 Posted by OurSin_360 (834 posts) -

@chiablo said:

@oursin_360 said:

No, they would want someone to give a positive review.

haha, I guess your right. but that would be fucking hilarious. "This game is completely broken" - Dave Lang

#13 Posted by Milkman (16531 posts) -

They already said it is the Best .swf of the year

I don't know, I think Lethal League has that shit on lock.

#14 Edited by Krakn3Dfx (2485 posts) -

GB doesn't review games done by friends of the site, pretty standard. They didn't review Bastion for that reason.

#15 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6186 posts) -

As people said, a rule in review ethic.

#16 Posted by Sbaitso (502 posts) -

There's a ton of coverage of DiveKick on this site already which should give a pretty clear indication of what they think about it. What do you need a review for?

#17 Posted by BisonHero (6187 posts) -

It would be a conflict of interest, since Jeff is clearly both Markman and Mr. N.

/sarcasm, because everyone in the comments of the Divekick Quick Look didn't know shit about anything.

#18 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

GB doesn't review games done by friends of the site, pretty standard. They didn't review Bastion for that reason.

This.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.