Giant Bomb Steam Divekick Side Tournament!

#201 Posted by Bollard (5867 posts) -
#202 Posted by GaspoweR (3516 posts) -

@glentennis: Talk about how well you did in the tournament in your next podburglars episode Ben! :D

#204 Posted by DrayneO (5 posts) -
#205 Edited by thdemn (98 posts) -

We have Top 16 Winners side solidified! Now just waiting on Losers to catch up. Check those brackets chaps, we are closing in on those finals.

#206 Posted by thdemn (98 posts) -

Hey @dubradditz57 were you able to get in contact with your opponent?

#207 Edited by Raethen (179 posts) -

I'm waiting for @bacongames. Got and accepted his friend request last night, but then my router lost contact with comcast's dns servers for the rest of the night. Hopefully he will jump on soon so I can get demolished.

#208 Edited by Shikon (179 posts) -

i am going to bed hopefully people have caught up tomorrow !

#209 Posted by thdemn (98 posts) -

We are going to freeze everyone in Top 8 to be completed tomorrow. So right now, @shikon @zornack and G should all stop and wait for tomorrow

#210 Posted by dubradditz57 (7 posts) -

Still waitin on my opponent to show...

#211 Posted by DrayneO (5 posts) -

So again is there a solid time where people get DQed? I almost got knocked out yesterday because it's sort of unclear what time each bracket should be done by. I've been waiting 6 hours for the match before me to take place so i can keep going but i'm sort of afraid of leaving my computer for too long in case the match happens and i get bye'd again

#212 Posted by L1GHTN1N (549 posts) -

@drayneo: I believe that @thdemn has contacted the people who are still far behind (Bracket CM/CN specifically) and has worked something out with them, so I don't think there will be a DQ for a little while. Either way you're far enough along the bracket that I don't think you'll need to worry about being disqualified and I'll try to send you a PM when your next match is ready.

#213 Posted by PeezMachine (233 posts) -
#214 Posted by YoThatLimp (1938 posts) -

@aggrocraig, @chiablo, @yothatlimp any tips for getting a hold of @demension282? No luck on PM so far and Steam can't find anybody by that name. How did y'all do it?

His steam name seems to be KomodoSquirrel duder gave me his phone number as he was trying to reach me and wanted me to text him when I was ready, but I am pretty hesitant to drop that even in a PM.

#215 Posted by PeezMachine (233 posts) -

@yothatlimp: Thanks! And I definitely agree, you keep it classy over there.

#216 Posted by thdemn (98 posts) -

I need to hear from @glentennis @tkalsey @demension282 @gategeek ASAP to move match forward, or risk DQing. By this point in the tournament, I have the assumption that everyone has committed to running this until it is done, so late entries and missed matches will begin to be treated. Besides that though, hope you guys are enjoying it. WE ARE SO CLOSE

#217 Posted by DrayneO (5 posts) -

Well I'm up against rayzertag. Found and added him on steam and it says he hasn't been online in 18 hours...hopefully he'll get back on soon

#218 Posted by thdemn (98 posts) -

He is @graham_nix here. Shooting him a message may help

#219 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@gaspower said:

@glentennis: Talk about how well you did in the tournament in your next podburglars episode Ben! :D

Hahahah oh man I can't wait to talk about divekick and how better I am at it than Kessler. Also @thdemn I won.

#220 Edited by Dalai (7071 posts) -

Sadly, my professional Divekick tournament career is over. For now. Good luck to the rest of you.

If it's any consolation, I did okay despite my high post count here.

#221 Edited by GaspoweR (3516 posts) -

@dalai: Good job duder you did us proud.

#222 Posted by thdemn (98 posts) -

@gaspower: All ya'll high posters are almost gone. WE YOUNGBLOODS RULE THESE STREETS

#223 Edited by GaspoweR (3516 posts) -

@thdemn: Well I at least chose to lose with dignity ;_;

#224 Posted by GaspoweR (3516 posts) -

@glentennis: Well, you along with Steve we're the only ones who followed and proficiently played fighting games right? It makes sense.

#225 Posted by thdemn (98 posts) -
#226 Posted by AggroCraig (50 posts) -

@glentennis Your Steam username isn't coming up for me in a friend request, but it also looks like Steam's acting weird as a whole.

#227 Edited by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

I've advanced again.

#228 Posted by Shikon (179 posts) -

Good luck to you losers out there!
I'll be waiting at the end of the loser bracket!

#229 Edited by ottoman673 (570 posts) -

Welp... that was the choke of the century.

#230 Posted by L1GHTN1N (549 posts) -

@ottoman673: Did you already play your match? Doesn't look like the bracket has updated yet.

#231 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -
#232 Edited by L1GHTN1N (549 posts) -

@glentennis: Not sure if they've contacted/been contacted by @thdemn yet about it but I just shot both of them a PM asking about it.

#233 Posted by L1GHTN1N (549 posts) -
#234 Edited by Musou (385 posts) -

I'm waiting for @karsh to play my next match, sent him a PM but didn't hear back yet.

#235 Posted by L1GHTN1N (549 posts) -

@musou: Have you managed to contact him at all yet, either through Steam or PM?

#236 Edited by Musou (385 posts) -

@l1ghtn1n: I was having some trouble finding him on Steam (he's not the only one with that Steam ID) but I just found it (or at least I think I have) and added him but he hasn't accepted me yet. And no, he hasn't responded my PM either.

#237 Posted by thdemn (98 posts) -

@musou: If you don't here back by 4pm EST, let us know. We are coming on a week active, so we need to start getting things moving again. That means @glentennis and @darkshaper also need to get on their match ASAP

#238 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -
#239 Posted by Musou (385 posts) -
#240 Posted by Musou (385 posts) -
#241 Posted by DarkShaper (1349 posts) -

Surprised that I lasted as long as I did. Good luck with the rest of the tournament.

#242 Edited by Musou (385 posts) -

@thdemn @l1ghtn1n Just spoke to Karsh and he said that he has forfeited the tournament, so I guess I'm moving to the next bracket?

#243 Edited by L1GHTN1N (549 posts) -

@musou: Alright that's a bummer but it happens. Just updated the bracket, looks like @arbitrarywater is your next opponent.

#244 Posted by Musou (385 posts) -

@l1ghtn1n: Yep, already added him on Steam and sent him a PM here on the site, just waiting for his answer!

#245 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@musou added you. Let's play when you can, I'll be around today.

#246 Edited by Shikon (179 posts) -

well i guess i can take some pride in being the best loser. i wish G and Zornack the best in the finals!

#247 Posted by L1GHTN1N (549 posts) -

Finals Finals Finals! Best of luck to @zornack and @g_ in their match!

#248 Posted by thdemn (98 posts) -

So, finally, the tournament has concluded with @g_ as our winner, with @zornack coming in second and @shikon in third. Thanks for all the help guys, I will definitely be learning from this experience on how to make these run smoother. Hoping to do another Divekick thing in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled.

#249 Posted by L1GHTN1N (549 posts) -

Hope everyone had fun competing! There were certainly a few bumps throughout but everyone was incredibly kind and understanding which made things on our end a hell of a lot easier. Congrats to @g_ @zornack and @shikon on their victories, and of course huge thanks to @thdemn for putting this whole thing on!

Best of luck to everyone in their next tournaments, and thanks for participating!

#250 Posted by Shikon (179 posts) -

yeah it was a fun little tournament to bad it sometimes went as slow as it did. next time i'll win this thing tough!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.