no one playing online

#1 Posted by paparoach (70 posts) -

It's been nearly impossible getting into a ranked match on PS3. Only way to play online has been public lobby, and even there it seems pretty barren. Did anyone buy this game?

#2 Posted by Zornack (190 posts) -

I get a match every 15-20 seconds on PC, sucks to hear that it might be dead on arrival on the PS3.

#3 Posted by Kro (7 posts) -

Yeah it really sucks. I couldn't find any matches earlier this morning ranked or unranked even.

#4 Edited by Slax (894 posts) -

It's not dead. There are plenty of people playing, but evidently there are some issues being had with people's home network (ie your Vita or PS3 through your router or something). There is talk about it on twitter, but I think they are looking into it.

#5 Edited by drjvicente (15 posts) -

Im trying this right now on the Vita. No chance of finding Ranked or Unranked matches :( I hope its really searching for PS3 matches also, since its cross-play.

Now im getting some matches through public lobby. Hope things get better for Ranked matches :(

Oh, my PSN ID is jonescrici, add me!

#6 Posted by CollegeGuyMike (388 posts) -

I'm running into this problem too, even though I know people are playing. Hopefully it will get worked out soon, what I have played has run extremely well. It sucks but it seems like it's an extremely limited issue. I haven't tried it on my PS3 yet, however. It's still a ton of fun playing offline and I'm gonna try out Local Versus on the Vita later.

#7 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I am having this issue. I wanna divkick some folks. Sucks.

#8 Edited by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Wow if it's really Iron Galaxys fault and there really are people playing, then that sucks a giant dick, since you can't simply fix it in 2 weeks and expect people to come back and play then. Thus it becomes a barren wasteland - such is the fate of every downloadable game with an online component ever, I guess. And it really sucks an extra dick if the foundation was there for a community to persist past the first two weeks, only to be ruined by a bug or Sonys messed up online system.

#9 Posted by AlexW00d (6186 posts) -

Wow if it's really Iron Galaxys fault and there really are people playing, then that sucks a giant dick, since you can't simply fix it in 2 weeks and expect people to come back and play then. Thus it becomes a barren wasteland - such is the fate of every downloadable game with an online component ever, I guess. And it really sucks an extra dick if the foundation was there for a community to persist past the first two weeks, only to be ruined by a bug or Sonys messed up online system.

The MP was completely broken for the Steam version too for the first couple of hours after it came out.

#10 Edited by OurSin_360 (834 posts) -

I will be playing on steam, i need to make up a steam name though.

#11 Edited by smashed_pumpkins (40 posts) -

I have had no problem getting matches on the PS3 version. Both Ranked and Unranked. Less luck with my Vita, but I have barely played any games online on my Vita, so it may be my connection settings.

#12 Edited by mosespippy (4043 posts) -

I usually get a game after 4 to 6 minutes or searching. This is why I hate matchmaking. Give me a server list so I can choose a lobby myself.

#13 Posted by Shikon (176 posts) -

On the official divekick forums and on twitter they have said that putting your playstation or vita as DMZ in the router fixes it for some people. you can try that and see if that works? i would disable the DMZ after playing tough.

#14 Posted by TurboMan (7408 posts) -

I usually get a game in about 30 seconds of searching on PS3

#15 Posted by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

I was getting matches all night (day?) at like 2am on Vita without waiting more than 30 seconds.

#16 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

Usually finding the first match takes the longest, then once you get one you can just rail off a bunch

#17 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

I'm finding ranked matches within a minute or so.

#18 Posted by spraynardtatum (2610 posts) -

I'll play

#19 Posted by DystopiaX (5293 posts) -

I'm getting into plenty of matches fine, and I was playing at weird 6am hours. As others have mentioned I think it's a network issue thing for some people, but there are definitely people playing this game.

#20 Posted by mrcraggle (1827 posts) -

I keep running into an issue where a game will just fail to connect and in one case I was connecting and getting a kick notice immediately. (PS3 version)

#21 Posted by Tajasaurus (795 posts) -

I've connected to three matches in the last half an hour (one unranked and two ranked) on my Vita. Which is a shame, because the three games I played were a lot of fun. I hope it picks up a lot more steam over the weekend, though. I could lose a lot of time into this online.

#22 Posted by eccentrix (1506 posts) -

I had noticeably more trouble on PS3 than PC, but it was workable. I tried one game on Vita and it went fine.

#23 Posted by squiDc00kiE (350 posts) -

I was able to get into a match pretty easily on my Vita (I believe its cross-play so, same servers) The longest i waited was 5 minutes but average was closer to about 30 sec through my 50 some matches last night.

I know in the settings you can set the maximum allowable ping that your opponent can have, so maybe your ping is too high for most people? Just an idea.

#24 Edited by jasonefmonk (350 posts) -

I've never waited longer than 5 minutes. I've been playing unranked.

#25 Posted by Tajasaurus (795 posts) -

I know in the settings you can set the maximum allowable ping that your opponent can have, so maybe your ping is too high for most people? Just an idea.

Yeah, this totally worked for me.

#26 Posted by pawsoffury (119 posts) -

It does take a while but PSN is finding ranked matches for me (UK/EU) in roughly 30 seconds to a minute.
..Which is far better than the KOF servers!

#27 Posted by spookytapes (262 posts) -

I've played a bunch of matches online, they take about a minute to find each time.

#28 Edited by Zornack (190 posts) -

@squidc00kie said:

Yeah, this totally worked for me.

Same here. I double dipped on the PSN version because I'm crazy and was having difficulty finding matches. I upped the allowable ping to 250 and now I'm consistently finding people to play.

#29 Edited by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

I have continued to find matches at the late night hours/ early morning hours. Are you guys that are having trouble playing ranked or unranked?

#30 Edited by pawsoffury (119 posts) -

Changing the ping to 200-250 definitely seems the way to go. Though all through today, I was getting the same 4-5 players again & again. I understand people'll be playing Saints Row 4, Splinter Cell & X-Com this weekend but it's not as if this game didn't get any hype either!

I don't think it being impossible to find on the PSN store for the first 2 days helped. It wasn't even showing up on the search all function!

#31 Posted by Undeadpool (4913 posts) -

Only time mine takes longer than a minute is after midnight.

#33 Edited by JBG4 (389 posts) -

Same here, having a lot of trouble gettng into matches. Just changed my max latency to 250 though

#34 Edited by Guesty_01 (339 posts) -

Changed max latency and haven't really had many problems. Occasionally it can take a minute or three to find a game but after the first one its usually pretty quick.

Question, is there some kind of skill matching system suppose to be going on? Because earlier today I seemed to be coming up against a lot of 50 or lower ranked players, quite a lot just ranked 0, which makes it hard to rank up myself because you don't get many point for the victory.

#35 Posted by sir_gunblade (119 posts) -

@zornack said:

I get a match every 15-20 seconds on PC, sucks to hear that it might be dead on arrival on the PS3.

This.

#36 Posted by Undeadpool (4913 posts) -

Bumping for setting your ping threshold higher in the options menu. Worked for me, and my the lag/jumps were negligible.

#37 Posted by Undeadpool (4913 posts) -

Bumping for setting your ping threshold higher in the options menu. Worked for me, and my the lag/jumps were negligible.

#38 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1287 posts) -

I have not been able to get anyone

#39 Posted by FLStyle (4583 posts) -

I've played a lot of people I've never played before today, I think it's because a lot of the trophy-hunting turbo button on spammers haven't been online.

Match-making has been slow as usual, I hope it gets patched soon and the game starts matching us all together, it's frustrating thinking there's no-one online only to see there's lots of people looking for matches but the game is having problems.

#41 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1287 posts) -

I still cannot get a game. I have adjusted latency and everything, but still nothing

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.