Official Live Streams Thread

#1 Edited by FLStyle (4576 posts) -

Divekick #eSports Hour

Keits and Dave Lang did an AMA on reddit where it was announced that as of this upcoming Monday (April 15th) there'll be an official Divekick live stream where we'll learn something new about the game and again every Monday up until the game's release.

7PM PST - 9PM CST - 10PM EST - 3AM GMT

Stream Link: http://www.twitch.tv/irongalaxy

---------------------

This thread will also serve as a general live stream thread as with other games with links to gaming journalism site, FGC and convention event streams that feature Divekick.

#2 Posted by FLStyle (4576 posts) -

The OP has been updated with news of the first episode of the "Divekick #eSports Hour"

In the inaugural episode tonight, a new character will be revealed, don't miss it.

#3 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -

That stream was pretty amazing. Looking forward to the next one.

#4 Edited by StarvingGamer (7995 posts) -

Doh I missed it! I'll have to check out the archive.

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Dammit, I missed it as well.

#6 Edited by ildon (360 posts) -
#7 Edited by StarvingGamer (7995 posts) -

LOL Uncle Sensei

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Wow, Uncle Sensei looks really neat, though I'm not too into playing stance change characters. Will definitely tune in to the stream on Mondays.

#9 Edited by FLStyle (4576 posts) -
#10 Edited by FLStyle (4576 posts) -
#11 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

I love how the new character has a drop kick. The head growing bigger for every win is crazy distracting.

#12 Posted by StarvingGamer (7995 posts) -

YEAHRRRS SUPER ESOTERIC REFERENCE AND HAGGAR!?

#13 Posted by TournamentOfHate (390 posts) -

So I'm not part of the fighting game community and didn't know who Jebailey was, but I was still laughing hysterically when the character was revealed because it was so ridiculous. Keits has so many good ideas and he puts so much thought put into each character. We need more people greenlighting this game on steam. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132842911

#14 Edited by StarvingGamer (7995 posts) -
#15 Posted by JJOR64 (18907 posts) -

This game needs to hurry up and come out.

#16 Posted by BisonHero (6169 posts) -

@jjor64 said:

But they haven't even put in the final graphics yet! :P

#17 Posted by GnomeonFire (696 posts) -

D-sports?

#18 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@jjor64 said:

But they haven't even put in the final graphics yet! :P

It's actually pretty neat to see the game improving on a weekly basis like this. The addition of parallax to the background was great and even characters' idle animations were improved compared to last week.

#19 Edited by TournamentOfHate (390 posts) -

This probably sums up this game the best.

#20 Posted by FLStyle (4576 posts) -

A recap of this weekend's events and a new stage reveal is the prize for watching the 24-hour delayed Divekick #esports Hour episode 3. Have fun with that.

#21 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

It has started.

New character next week!

#22 Posted by FLStyle (4576 posts) -
#23 Edited by thegoldencat7 (1491 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up.

#24 Edited by FLStyle (4576 posts) -

The Baz!

#25 Edited by TheMasterDS (2015 posts) -

I love the Baz! He's crazy! Also love Jefailey because he's nuts. Can't wait for next week because new character again next week! I wonder how much more craziness they can put in there. Is there a grappler? Is the Baz a Grappler? I have no idea!

#26 Edited by StarvingGamer (7995 posts) -

Man, I always forget about these.

So Baz is what, an MvC greatest hits character? Or is this a deeper cut than I realize? Who the fuck plays Zero/Spiderman?

EDIT: NM, figured it out I think, what the fuck.

#27 Edited by JJOR64 (18907 posts) -

Man, I always forget about these.

So Baz is what, an MvC greatest hits character? Or is this a deeper cut than I realize? Who the fuck plays Zero/Spiderman?

EDIT: NM, figured it out I think, what the fuck.

That's what I thought. Hsien Ko, Zero.

#28 Edited by FLStyle (4576 posts) -

Who will the new character reveal be? Find out in a few minutes on the Divekick #esports Hour!

With special guest, Mad Catz's Markman!

http://www.twitch.tv/irongalaxy

#29 Posted by FLStyle (4576 posts) -

Should've seen it coming! The latest character to be added to Divekick ... is Markman!

#30 Edited by StarvingGamer (7995 posts) -

I. Always. Miss. These.

Guess I'll just have to wait for the archive again.

#31 Posted by Dalai (6996 posts) -

So this new character pretty much confirms Mad Catz is making the Divekick controllers, right?

#32 Posted by FLStyle (4576 posts) -

@dalai: I'm going to remain sceptical for now, Markman's inclusion could've been planned during this past year.

#33 Posted by StarvingGamer (7995 posts) -

@flstyle: @dalai: Considering that the last character they showed was one of the contributor rewards they honored from the Kickstarter, I'm guessing Markman was the other one.

Also I hate the RNG of his items but fuck it's hilarious.

#34 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

How do I access an archive for yesterday's stream?

#35 Posted by Morello (77 posts) -

If it's just the Twitch archive, you need to click on the Videos tab on the top right of the stream page, and then the video you want to watch - if they are in a funny order click on More Videos at the bottom and on the next page click Past Broadcasts and they should then be on a page ordered chronologically with the newest at the top.

#36 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@morello said:

@fluxwavez said:

If it's just the Twitch archive, you need to click on the Videos tab on the top right of the stream page, and then the video you want to watch - if they are in a funny order click on More Videos at the bottom and on the next page click Past Broadcasts and they should then be on a page ordered chronologically with the newest at the top.

Thanks a lot. It's simple, but I'm not too familiar with navigating Twitch yet, so that was helpful.

#37 Edited by Morello (77 posts) -
#38 Posted by FLStyle (4576 posts) -

A new character and a new stage will be revealed tonight, for eSports!

#39 Posted by FLStyle (4576 posts) -

5 minutes!

#40 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
#41 Posted by ESREVER (2669 posts) -

Ohshit, today is Monday. Thanks for the reminder! I knew I was forgetting something...

#42 Edited by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

WHERE DO I WATCH THIS?

#43 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

I think I might have found my potential main with this new character.

#44 Edited by Dalai (6996 posts) -

Now it's getting fucking weird.

#45 Posted by FLStyle (4576 posts) -
#46 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
#47 Posted by FLStyle (4576 posts) -

A 13th and final(?) character will be announced tonight on the Divekick #esports Hour

http://www.twitch.tv/irongalaxy

Also featuring an E3 wrap-up and the return of #getgdlk

#48 Posted by FLStyle (4576 posts) -

Live!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.