Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Divekick

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

Rising to prominence through the American fighting game community, Divekick is an indie fighting game that distills the controls into two simple buttons, requiring clever strategy as players try to score the first hit with their divekick attack!

Questions regarding online play.

FGC_Chukz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Will this game have a lobby system?

What about the netcode? I refuse to purchase any game that lags online.

mattscout007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By mattscout007

I know that it has GGPO for the online, which is solid. I don't know about the lobby systems though, I imagine you could find out today however, during tonight's Iron Galaxy Esports hour. They were planning to stream about online last week but they had too many twitch problems, so I imagine that'll happen today.

FGC_Chukz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oh cool, I honestly haven't been following Divekick much since I wanted yo buy it, but the release date was so far away I stopped caring. Well at least it is only one more week or so away.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

It uses GGPO netcode. Fighting games lag online that's why it's online. Even with 0 frame delay selected, you will experience problems if you play against someone with high ping.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By IroN1c

During the EVO-Stream Lang himself said that Divekick will have "2-player Lobbies". So I guess that means 1on1.

Edit:

Disclaimer: I haven't watched yesterdays E-Sports hour, so I don't know if anything has changed since then.

mattscout007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By mattscout007

Okay, so watching the E-Sports hour, there are online 2-player lobbies (public and private), and if you are in one of those the game acts as if it's offline versus (with rematch and character select options after each batlle and such). Then there's also ranked matchmaking.

Also the GGPO seems to work great, looked smooth even while those guys were streaming.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.