So I asked Iron Galaxy for a tournament prize...

#1 Edited by Dinosaursssssss (3 posts) -

Felt like I needed to post this in order to properly give props to Dave Lang and the rest of the Iron Galaxy team, cause they did something real awesome for me.

I work over at Turbine (makers of Lord of the Rings Online) and recently decided it'd be fun to run a Divekick tournament at the office. I figured Dave Lang seemed like a cool dude, so I sent an email to Iron Galaxy asking if they could provide "somethin real dumb" as a prize for our tournament. Dave responded saying he had an idea but it would be a few weeks, and not long after we received a big cardboard box with IRON GALAXY written on the side in sharpie.

We had a good turnout and plenty of spectators; it turns out "there are only two buttons!" is actually a solid way of getting people to try a new game. And when the dust cleared from the final match (Baz vs. S Kill), and we opened the box to reveal the prize, the collective gasp rang throughout the halls of the studio.

That's right. It's the Mr. N version of this Fellowship of the Ring poster http://i.imgur.com/3fXmgJC.jpg

Thanks again to Dave and the Iron Galaxy team, we had an great time during this tournament, and getting this amazing piece of art as the prize was a fantastic way to finish it! It's hanging in the LOTRO pit now, over the desk of our new Divekick champion.

#2 Posted by ThunderSlash (1549 posts) -

Hahahaha that is great poster. "Mr. N is OP."

#3 Edited by rmanthorp (3874 posts) -

That is incredible! Mr N is still a scumbag though...

#4 Posted by SMTDante89 (2545 posts) -

Saw a few pictures of this going around on Twitter yesterday, it's pretty awesome for sure.

#5 Posted by Zaccheus (1788 posts) -

Holy fucking shit. Incredible.

#6 Posted by forkboy (1115 posts) -

My god that is wonderful

#7 Edited by chrisphil1724 (60 posts) -

I....can...not.....look.....away.....

#8 Posted by Fattony12000 (7044 posts) -

-wow-

#9 Edited by Snail (8579 posts) -

That is pretty damn cool.

#10 Posted by ShaggE (6331 posts) -

Dave Lang is a king among men.

#11 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1491 posts) -

Its beautiful! What a guy.

#12 Edited by Capum15 (4811 posts) -

Incredible.

#13 Posted by cloudymusic (1051 posts) -

Oh my god.

#14 Posted by Scrawnto (2434 posts) -

That is really cool.

#15 Edited by BBOYS2231 (165 posts) -

Awesome poster, and great idea for a tournament! I don't live too far from the studio. Much love for Turbine :)

#16 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2917 posts) -

Oh man. From the very depths of the Lang Zone.

#17 Posted by FLStyle (4577 posts) -

The very best!

#18 Posted by CatsAkimbo (601 posts) -

Dave Lang is a pretty cool dude.

#19 Posted by Flappy (2127 posts) -

That's my main man Mr. N! SO GAWDLIKE!

#20 Posted by TheHT (10880 posts) -

Dave Lang really delivered on that one.

#21 Posted by GaspoweR (2802 posts) -

Man, Martin Phan should be getting tons of royalties for IG's use of his likeness! :P That's awesome.

#22 Posted by aquacadet (219 posts) -

Oh my god that's fantastic. I wish I had a desktop version.

#23 Posted by HatKing (5817 posts) -

Dave Lang seems like a cool dude, but I heard he stands outside monasteries and throws water balloons full of paint at nuns.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.