Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Divinity: Original Sin

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 30, 2014

Divinity: Original Sin is a top-down turn-based RPG developed by Larian Studios. It introduces new elements to the franchise, such as co-op gameplay and decision-making as well as a more interactive world.

First quest questions (Spoilers)

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Fear_the_Booboo

Hey !

I'm asking here because any question on the steam forums are received with people telling you you're not good enough to play the game and that you should quit.

I'm still on my first quest, where I need to find the killer. I've explored all the city, found the dog, found the sheep in the coffin, found the panties (but no other "smellable" items) and now I need to find who stole the body. I've been stuck here so I decided to explore the outskirts of the city.

I killed nearly everything in the raining area until I got the lighthouse. I killed the ghoul after six try or more. It seems that I'm underleveled and that I shouldn't be exploring outside the city which is fine, but I can't find anything else in the city.

That said, I haven't been sneaking / stealing anything. I would hope you could finish the killer quest without doing that, but I'm starting to feel that I really need to. Am I missing something big in the city or is should I still be exploring outside?

I'm level 4 by the way. All the enemies left outside seem to be level 5 or more.

Thanks !

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Having never played this game take what I say with a grain of salt. But...

1. Have you checked your quest log?

2. Have you talked with everyone in the city?

3. Are there any notes/books or whatever that may help you?

Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shivermetimbers: Hehe yeah I feel like I did.

Surprisingly, I had no problems with Planescape and Baldur's Gate when I was younger. Maybe I'm getting too old.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@fear_the_booboo: Dunno if you figured it out yet, but you're gonna wanna talk to the gravekeeper and investigate the people he mentions.

Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fear_the_Booboo

@theht: Thanks for the help but yeah, I figured it out but had to resort to stealing to find something. I normally do my first playthrough loyal-good style but the multiple characters help there, as I can roleplay them differently (I'm serious about my videogame roleplaying :/)

I'm curious if there's any way to do that quest without stealing anything. Still, thanks !

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MindBullet

I think I've run into the same problem you have. I've gone everywhere and talked to everyone that other forums say you have to but it seems like its still entirely possible to end up in a spot where the only solution is to already know how to solve the problem. That said, I'm finding more and more that sneaking and stealing are pretty much required for most things, so do that more.

Sneak into Esmerelda's living quarters. There is a book about committing the perfect murder on her desk. Steal it. Then, break into her basement. There is a seemingly inaccessible room here that you can get to via a hidden switch near a bookcase. Inside is a bunch of stuff, but the most important item is a bloody dagger.

Now, according to everyone else I've talked to, you should be able to show her these things and she'll point you toward the real culprit. This didn't work for me for some reason so I ended up having to brute force it.

Speak to Thelyron about Evelyn. If you got Esmerelda to point you this way he should cough up a key to her house. Search her house for a letter and a Reveal scroll. This is about where I am myself and I'm really not sure if/how I can progress, but there ya go. If Esmerelda does to you what she did to me and denies the knife and the book and refuses to say anything, it seems like the only option you have is to find Evelyn's house and break down her door.

dizzylemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There's also 1 more thing to add to that spoiler...

In addition to the book and the dagger there should also be a key for the chest in the inn where the murder occurred, inside is another item you can present to Esmerelda. With all 3 items the quest can move on and you have a couple of options on what to do from there.

Crommi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@theht: Thanks for the help but yeah, I figured it out but had to resort to stealing to find something. I normally do my first playthrough loyal-good style but the multiple characters help there, as I can roleplay them differently (I'm serious about my videogame roleplaying :/)

I'm curious if there's any way to do that quest without stealing anything. Still, thanks !

Don't think of it stealing, just consider it like confiscating the evidence because no criminal would give that up freely. Also, bashing doors is something that even the real-world police does, so you don't necessarily need to have a character that is good at thieving skills.

I was stuck on that quest for a while as well until I got lucky peeking through a window:

I got curious about Evenlyn's house since it was the only one I've not investigated and looking through the window I saw one of the notes on her table and title was same as one of the cultist notes I've found earlier. After quick consideration, I granted myself a search warrant and issued Jahan to burn down the door.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.